Menu

cookie poll!

Which of these cookies should I make for my cookie exchange tonight? I need something a little fancy, but I don't have time for it to be overly complicated. I don't want a bar cookie.

Wintermint Wafers

Almond Butter Buckeyes

Chocolate Butter Pecans

I would make THESE, but I don't have any orange extract and I don't want to go to the store. :glare:

I did the Andes mint cookies last year. I don't want to do a basic chocolate chip and I don't want to do a spritz because those are my special Christmas cookies.

Other ideas? I have basic baking stuff, plus: peanut and almond butters, peppermint extract, almond extract, semi-sweet chocolate chips, pecans and almonds.

I'd make the wintermint cookies... but I'd only dip half of each cookie in the chocolate & sprinkles. That way you can just hold each cookie by one edge instead of messing around with the slotted spoon and all the mess. You could even dip half of the cookies in dark chocolate and half in white chocolate, and use a variety of sprinkles, crushed candy canes, etc.

Jackie

Buckeyes!

Which of these cookies should I make for my cookie exchange tonight? I need something a little fancy, but I don't have time for it to be overly complicated. I don't want a bar cookie.

Wintermint Wafers

Almond Butter Buckeyes

Chocolate Butter Pecans

I would make THESE, but I don't have any orange extract and I don't want to go to the store. :glare:

I did the Andes mint cookies last year. I don't want to do a basic chocolate chip and I don't want to do a spritz because those are my special Christmas cookies.

Other ideas? I have basic baking stuff, plus: peanut and almond butters, peppermint extract, almond extract, semi-sweet chocolate chips, pecans and almonds.

Wintermint Wafers

Almond Butter Buckeyes

Chocolate Butter Pecans

The almond butter buckeyes are really a candy. I'm not sure why they made the cookie list. But, they are YUMMY!

I'm voting for the chocolate butter pecans.

The almond butter buckeyes are really a candy. I'm not sure why they made the cookie list. But, they are YUMMY!

I'm voting for the chocolate butter pecans.

I know they are technically a candy, but this cookie exchange does not disapprove of candies in the place of cookies. :D

I think I might do the pistachio ones and the butter pecans. That way, I can take some of each and leave some of each at home. :D

They all look wonderful. I have a question about the Chocolate Butter Pecans. Do you taste the spicy flavors? I've never put anything like that in a cookie and it sounds SO interesting!

You taste just a hint of spice in those types of cookies, they won't set your mouth on fire or anything.

I have returned from the store and am making the pistachio cookies and the butter pecans. I also got stuff for the macaroons and wintermints so I can make those later, when I have more time! :D