Menu

First Time Poster

I have been a long-time lurker; however, I have finally broken down and registered. This is my first post, and I am very nervous! I am the Mom of two wonderful children and am fortunate to have a great husband. I have been trying (with varying degress of success) to homeschool classically since my ds was in Kindergarten.

We have recently moved from Washington State, and I have many questions about homeschooling in California. I will post my questions in another thread, and I would greatly appreciate the collective wisdom of The Hive.

Warmest Regards.

I have been a long-time lurker; however, I have finally broken down and registered. This is my first post, and I am very nervous! I am the Mom of two wonderful children and am fortunate to have a great husband. I have been trying (with varying degress of success) to homeschool classically since my ds was in Kindergarten.

We have recently moved from Washington State, and I have many questions about homeschooling in California. I will post my questions in another thread, and I would greatly appreciate the collective wisdom of The Hive.

Warmest Regards.

Welcome! Now, that wasn't so bad, was it? :lol:

Hi Quma! Welcome. This is really a friendly place, and the most informative you'll find anywhere. Many varied experiences, viewpoints, and pieces of advice here.

I homeschooled in CA for 5 years. It's easy there.

Oh, and don't feel like a failure for not doing classical ed perfectly. No one does it all. Frankly, it's not even a good fit for some families, or some kids, or in some circumstances. Just keep doing what works for you and your dc, and stay flexible. I'm guessing you're doing great!

:seeya: Howdy. We have 4 kids and I'm homeschooling a 3rd grader, 2nd grader and K-er. We mostly use the classical approach for LA, Reading and Latin. Everything else is...well, :willy_nilly:...other stuff...:tongue_smilie:

I only visit the forums during my Coffee Time.

Welcome Aboard! :driving:

Warmest Regards.

Welcome! :) Glad you came out of lurking. :)

Thank you all for the kind words. I am very grateful! I'm still not sure I have the entire posting thing figured out, so hopefully everyone will forgive any blunders.

Jean, I really miss you, and the rest of the ECH group! The fact I want my children to study a foreign language in elementary school seems to make my very odd!

Have a lovely day!

Thank you all for the kind words. I am very grateful! I'm still not sure I have the entire posting thing figured out, so hopefully everyone will forgive any blunders.

Jean, I really miss you, and the rest of the ECH group! The fact I want my children to study a foreign language in elementary school seems to make my very odd!

Have a lovely day!

Oh! I just realized who you are! Guess what - we're getting ready to do our Alamo play again this year - this time for dd8!

Oh! I just realized who you are! Guess what - we're getting ready to do our Alamo play again this year - this time for dd8!

The kids still talk about the Alamo play. We found our flags that we made when we moved. I hope that you are finally feeling better!:grouphug: