Menu

I just found the ONE reason that Kindle wins over Nook (for me)

The text to speech option. So often, I am too tired to read and multi-tasking that I could REALLY use this option.

I can't believe its not available on Nook.....

this is the ONLY push for me to the Kindle side. I will "lose" library option for it....but, thats ok. We don't have that HUGE of a selection anyways.

I really like the text to speech function of my Kindle. Matter fact, I know I've said it here a million times, but I love my Kindle! LOL However, in the spirit of full disclosure ;) I just wanted to be sure you know a couple of things.

The text to speech isn't avaiable for all books. I dont know what decides which are available. It's seems random but I'm sure it's probably publishers or the like. Also the text to speech voice is very digital sounding. It only takes a few minutes to get use to it, but it is odd. However, the ability to change male or female voice and speed makes it even better.

Again, I love my Kindle and when I need or want the text to speech it's great.

Hope that helps in some way :)

However, the ability to change male or female voice and speed makes it even better.

Again, I love my Kindle and when I need or want the text to speech it's great.

How do you do this? Change the voice and speed? I can't seem to find it in the User's Guide. Thanks!

Edited by lisabees