Menu

I am intimidated by the purchase of Nerf Guns . . .

I don't understand them or their differences!! Which do I get and then do I need extra accessories? Is the N-strike Stampede ECS Blaster worth the extra cost over the Vulcan EBF-25 Blaster? But then there are two types of Vulcan's at Toys R Us.com. (The Stampede is his first choice but more expensive than the Vulcan his second choice - I think he'd prefer both - but that's not happening - hmmm - maybe I should buy both and give one to his dad!!)

Arghhh - any knowledgeable moms out there?

One for dad is a great idea, and one for yourself also is even better! We love to have epic nerf battles as a family. Extra ammo makes a good stocking stuffer. Now according to my son, the Stampede is better because it uses clips, which are cheaper than the ammo belt used in the Vulcan. (if you're buying extra ammo, that is) It also comes with a shield that can be used on most guns with a tactical rail, and a detachable hand grip that converts to a bipod. It comes with 60ish darts and 2 extra 18 dart clips, which is less darts than the Vulcan. Both guns are great in his opinion. He has the ultimate nerf gun collection (at least 35) so I trust his opinion.:D

This is great input - Thanks!!

Dh picked up the $29.99 special on the Vulcan tonight. I think I'm going to give that to him and then order the Stampede online and not tell him! And some bandoliers!!

Extra ammo (check) and since Grandad will be here for Christmas I think I will have to get one for him as well!

Yes, he is 20yo! Here are the ones he wants: Nerf N-STRIKE Vulcan EBF-25, Stampede ECS, Longstrike CS-6, and especially the Deploy CS-6. Apparently, Nerf guns are very popular with the college crowd too! ;)

So this will definitely be a long-lasting gift! I like that!! And now I have s ome ides for Grandad's weapon (which he'll probably leave here and then I'll have it - insert evil motherly laugh - !!)