Menu

Anyone else had a good day?

It is cold here today. So we moved school upstairs and did "fireplace school" by moving the couch in front of the fireplace. Dd had a bit of homework backlog, but she finished while I worked out for two hours. I made a healthy dinner that we all love. Now I'm back in front of the fireplace while the kids play Christmas carols as a flute guitar duet and dh is cleaning up dinner.

It just doesn't get better than this.

:thumbup:

I am going to talk about the good parts of the day (this goes along with my "10 things I'm thankful for" thread.)

We had a nice morning with each of us getting our own breakfast. I usually make one thing for everyone but can't do that right now with my candida diet. Kids went very smoothly back into our school routine after having two weeks off. I got to shower before 10 o'clock this morning!

Dd8 got her school work done. Ds13 worked very hard but his history was difficult and took a long time. I gave him lee-way to do what he could and he got 3 major subjects done. I'm happy with that.

Two dogs and a cat are all hanging out nearby. We're listening to Fernando Ortega as a change to the Christmas music. Dd8 is making various healthy fruit snacks. Ds is vegging with his computer. Dh will come home in an hour and a half. Life is good.:)

We did! Dd had her piano 'recital' this morning (her teacher's piano students & choral groups performed at a nursing home), and then both of the older two had their Colonial Feast at Master's Academy. I got to go shopping with my mom this afternoon and we just had a good dinner. Now I'm listening to the Glee Christmas CD!

Oooohhhhh, fireplace school!!! Sounds cozy. Maybe we'll do that tomorrow:) today wasn't a great day here. Youngest is sick and her Asthma flares when she is:(. Poor little thing...

Oh, I'm sorry about your sick little one.

We love fireplace school. It is a special treat. All our school stuff is downstairs and it totally trashes the house, but it is SO cuddly and cozy. It makes winter special.

In the spring we'll have treehouse school to celebrate warm weather :001_smile:

We ditched school in favor of St. Nicholas day. Today we did some paper crafts and played some games and baked a cake. We started decorating the tree and realized that we don't have enough lights for some reason. Three wasn't enough this year. Gonna have to get some more tomorrow to finish.

We started by the fire this morning, rainy and cold in California this morning, but sunshine this afternoon! :D

I am very excited for the day, we started a new Writing Curriculum, WRite Reflections, I am figuring it out! It looks like this may work for us! Fingers crossed and printer humming!

Making a fun chicken and mash pots and country gravy dinner and a nice evening together!

thank you for this thread, I need to look at the good things of the day!!

It's been snowing here most of yesterday and today and it just makes me want to hibernate. I haven't managed to get up any outside decorations yet, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to be able to, LOL!

We got a good bit of reading accomplished today and did it on my bed with the snowy trees outside our window. If this snow keeps up, we're going to be reading in front of the fireplace, too, before the week's over....

...thank you for this thread, I need to look at the good things of the day!!

Yes, thank you! It helps to keep focus on the positive!

We started school later today because we spent most of the morning cleaning up the basement homeschool room from the weekend. Ahhh! It's nice to start the week off in a clean and tidy homeschool room!

My youngest took a long nap this afternoon!

While my youngest slept, the others got through a significant amount of school work. Now I don't feel guilty for taking most of the morning off to clean.

I put together a new creation for dinner. It turned out yummy!