Menu

Why, Oh Why, Do People NEVER....

....RSVP for anything anymore? :banghead:

I could be having 14 little 8 year old girls at my house on Saturday. Or, I could be having 2. I have no idea, because only ONE parent has bothered to call to let me know that her child is coming. One. Out of 13 invited.

How in the world is a person supposed to plan for anything? I just finished printing maps to my house along with a reminder to PLEASE call to let me know if the child is attending or not.

I'm thinking this may be the last birthday party in my house. Grrrrrrrr......

That's all. Sigh.

I did include my email address, but I didn't tell them they could text. I added that to the map/reminder I'm sending out tomorrow, so thanks for the suggestion.

I just don't understand how people can think it's ok to just not respond. Not to sound old fashioned, but I was raised that if you're given a personal invitation, you respond. Period.

Also, you'd think that other parents would have encountered party planning before and understand we need to know what to buy. I'm sure I'm going to buy enough food and favors for 13 kids and only have half of that show up.

I'm also planning to have a veggie tray or something similar in case parents choose to stay. It would just be nice to not over spend for a change.

Ok....enough of that. I just can't take it!!!

:iagree: I second the text or e-mail option along with a phone call. To me that always feels so desperate or demanding. "Like, hey it's me, are you coming to my party or what?"

I know!!!! I can't call anyway, though, because I don't have phone numbers. Most of these kids are in her 2nd grade class and they don't include phone numbers on the class roster.

I understand your frustration completely! For future reference, should you decide to actually host anything in the future, something I learned from a friend was to leave off a detail from the invitation. I usually leave off the time. That way, they HAVE to call if they're really interested in attending.

I get bothered by the same thing and I usually end up making a probably will come list as well as my yes and no list. I try to plan on having things that we like as leftovers :tongue_smilie:

I will admit that I don't always RSVP if I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it, but I'm hoping to. I rarely respond if we won't be able to come.

I never give our address out in the invitations, so people have to RSVP to show up. In theory.

We sent out 45 invitations 2 weeks before a party asking for an RSVP by Wed before the party. I included phone number, email and FB info.

On Wed, we were expecting 10 kids, including our 3. :(

Thursday we received a few more RSVP's.

The day of the party one parent called at 1, and another called at 3 to RSVP for the 4:00 party.:glare:

On Saturday, we had 19 kids, 4 adults and one baby, (not including our family). There was not one crumb of food left. We barely had enough party favors, and only did by splitting gifts.

But, it was one of the best parties ever! Everyone had a great time and I'm so glad the late RSVP-ers came!

Wow horrible. If someone doesn't RSVP I assume they aren't coming. I don't expect a response if they aren't coming. But to show up after not RSVPing? WHAT?! I never heard of it.

At this point I'd be looking at canceling the party because I would assume only one person was coming. Maybe you can invite the one out to dinner with your family.

:iagree: I'm just not interested in begging anymore. No RSVP, equals not coming.

I understand your frustration completely! For future reference, should you decide to actually host anything in the future, something I learned from a friend was to leave off a detail from the invitation. I usually leave off the time. That way, they HAVE to call if they're really interested in attending.

Yeah, but that's still no help. Most don't bother to notice the time until the night before or even the morning of and calling that close isn't any help. :glare: