Menu

Snap Circuits

I asked this question in another thread, but I only managed to kill the thread. So if any one knows I would greatly appreciate it.

I am looking at purchasing a Snap circuit set for ds. I am not sure if we should only purchase the SC-100 to start or go with the Student training program for that level or higher. Are the student training programs worth the extra cost? Also, if you by the student training program do you need the set too, or is it included? For example, if you purchase the Elenco Snap Circuits SC-100 Student Training Program do you need to purchase the Snap Circuits Jr SC-100 as well? Is the training program just an addition to the set?

Thanks.

Danielle

I asked this question in another thread, but I only managed to kill the thread. So if any one knows I would greatly appreciate it.

I am looking at purchasing a Snap circuit set for ds. I am not sure if we should only purchase the SC-100 to start or go with the Student training program for that level or higher. Are the student training programs worth the extra cost? Also, if you by the student training program do you need the set too, or is it included? For example, if you purchase the Elenco Snap Circuits SC-100 Student Training Program do you need to purchase the Snap Circuits Jr SC-100 as well? Is the training program just an addition to the set?

Thanks.

Danielle

Before I answer, I have to thank you for this post, as you caused me to check in on Amazon where the price of the SC 750 Student Training has been all over the place and just went from $128 down to $107. I've never seen it so inexpensive, so I pulled the trigger.

The Student Training versions have all the hardware the regular versions have (no need to purchase anything else). And they have better cases and the electronics educational materials. I have heard these educational manuals are very good but I have not seen one yet.

We have the SC 100 set. It was fun but we ran through all the projects really quickly. If you are not sure the kids will like Snap Circuits (and think not) it is a good "test" but when they say "100 projects" it is a bit of a stretch as many of the "projects" are slight "variations" on one another. We still liked it (buying more ain't I? :D) but it does not take long to do all the projects.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

Danielle

My pleasure. I'm bumping this because I see the prices on many of the Snap Circuit sets are as low as I have ever seen them. And Amazon is playing games with the prices everyday. The set I ordered last night was $21 more expensive 3 days ago (and even then was "on sale") so....

Bill

Before I answer, I have to thank you for this post, as you caused me to check in on Amazon where the price of the SC 750 Student Training has been all over the place and just went from $128 down to $107. I've never seen it so inexpensive, so I pulled the trigger.

The Student Training versions have all the hardware the regular versions have (no need to purchase anything else). And they have better cases and the electronics educational materials. I have heard these educational manuals are very good but I have not seen one yet.

We have the SC 100 set. It was fun but we ran through all the projects really quickly. If you are not sure the kids will like Snap Circuits (and think not) it is a good "test" but when they say "100 projects" it is a bit of a stretch as many of the "projects" are slight "variations" on one another. We still liked it (buying more ain't I? :D) but it does not take long to do all the projects.

Bill

I have to pop over and look now! We also have the smaller set and have been thinking of upgrading.

Bill

Thank you!

I'd had the sc-750 regular set in my cart....and for $20 more I opted to go with the student training version since it's now a great price and I don't expect it to go much lower.