Menu

just for fun: grey or gray??

Do you spell it grey or gray?  

1. 1. Do you spell it grey or gray?

• GREY
    • GRAY
    • FAMOUS OTHER

In my own personal color world, "gray" has a bit of brown in it and "grey" is more bluish. Since I love the cool colors, I much prefer grey.

:)

Mama Anna

I generally spell it "gray," but have no strong feelings on this one. But I must say, Mama Anna, that I am intrigued by your view of grey/gray, and may take to adopting it! :)

I usually spell it "grey" but I grew up in a former British colony and went to an American school there, so I am officially messed up when it comes to spelling! Our school's policy was to accept either British or American spellings of words and so we flip flopped quite a bit.

Dawn

I feel silly admitting that I have no idea what you're talking about:blush5:

Don't worry. It's a reference to a YA novel, in which the main character ponders the subject of grey vs. gray, not some classic that I'd expect any decently educated person to know or something :)

And I guess I think of it as "grey", seeing as I typed "grey" twice above the first time I tried.

Edited by ocelotmom

I was an other on this one. I grew up with both American and British books so I tend to spell it one way one time and the other way another time because I can never remember the way I'm "supposed" to spell it.

This is so me. Instead of "other" though, I picked grey since that is usually how I type it out. The computer prefers I spell it gray.

Because you said "color grey" or "colour gray." If I were voting based on that, I'd have to say "other" because I'd say "colour grey" or "color gray." :)

Sorry. That was my attempt at "humour"...which was just confusing I see, lol. I though putting them in the wrong place was funny. Sorry about that.

Susan

Okay, this is just for fun.

Which way do you spell it?

Is it the color grey or the colour gray??:D

Susan

I'm normally quite American, but I like to go with the Brits on this one. "Gray" just seems crass to me. "Grey" seems so much more refined. :o) So, if it doesn't matter, I choose grey. I know the difference though, so I write gray when someone is likely to care.

I was an other on this one. I grew up with both American and British books so I tend to spell it one way one time and the other way another time because I can never remember the way I'm "supposed" to spell it.

That is me too! But I voted grey because that's what looked 'right' this time LOL.

Same here. I can never remember the "correct" way either, so I use both.