Menu

Best way to organize Lapbooks attractively?

Halcyon

ETA: title should have been Best way to organize Lapbooks IN PROGRESS attractively

We are currently working on three large lapbooks simultaneously, and I need a way to keep them all organized yet accessible. Right now, I have them laid out on the floor of our school room in "groups" but that doesn't look very good (nor is it conducive to thorough vacuuming LOL).

I have the "sections" in large ziplock bags, but I'd love a sort of visual wall thingie that allows me to "see" what we're working on but is off the floor...am I making sense? ("visual wall thingie" is quite descriptive, no?) ;)

Ideas/Links/help appreciated.

What about those clear pocket things that hang on the wall? (I just realized after typing that, that it's about as descriptive as your thingie! :lol:)

Like this (although the one in the pic is black):

http://www.amazon.com/Vertical-File-System-x6-6-Clear/dp/B0006HVW7M/ref=pd_cp_e_3_img

or this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16848003089&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-File+Folders++Portable+++Storage+Box+Files-_-Advantus-_-48003089

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/literatureOrganizers/wallPockets?productId=10011066&N=74551

I've seen some with fabric backs and pockets made of that clear plastic that looks sort of like vinyl (I have no idea what it is), but I don't see any right now. I don't think they look as nice as the others, but I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly. Those above are just the kind of thing that I would use. :)

I don't do them often, but when I have, I like to use something similar to this. The folder that I have is a little different, but I couldn't find it exactly. Mine has a stretchy band to close it like expandable folders. It also have the pockets, but each pocket has a little closing envelope on the front half, perfect for small pieces of paper.

Here is something that I saw in a Bed Bath and Beyond sale paper that I would love for all my bills, but I think it would work great for lapbooks, too.

I don't do them often, but when I have, I like to use something similar to this. The folder that I have is a little different, but I couldn't find it exactly. Mine has a stretchy band to close it like expandable folders. It also have the pockets, but each pocket has a little closing envelope on the front half, perfect for small pieces of paper.

Here is something that I saw in a Bed Bath and Beyond sale paper that I would love for all my bills, but I think it would work great for lapbooks, too.

Oooh I've been looking for an excuse to buy one of these Wonderfiles :) I saw them at our local Publix yesterday and I might just pick one up. Thank you for the ideas, both of you :)