Menu

Jean, have you posted an update and I've missed?

Ok - here's my update.

I am still taking high doses of anti-inflammatories. The treatment is working. After exactly 1 month! of illness I now have 80% of my voice back. My voice is one of my barometers of how much inflammation I have. I have not had any chest pain at all since yesterday morning!

I am still waiting for my echocardiogram results. Basically since I'm responding to the pericarditis treatment, I don't really care if that showed up or not on the ultrasound. But the Dr. wanted to make sure that I didn't have any other hidden heart problems. I will call on Monday to find out the results.

I saw the Dr. last week and he told me that in the midst of all the bloodwork on my heart, they found that I had elevated liver enzymes. I've had 2 other Drs. tell me this in the last year but they haven't done anything about it. This Dr. had me make an appointment for next month so that he can do tests to make sure I don't have anything going on with my liver.

I am still having chills. My dh is worried about this because since I'm on the high doses of anti-inflammatories, there really is no way to tell if I have a fever, and thus perhaps an infection. I am under orders to report the chills to the Dr. when I call on Monday.

While checking me out on that, dh discovered that I have thrush (candida fungal infection). I don't know if that would have any bearing on the chills, but I am now on anti-fungal supplements, probiotics (I was already taking those) and a Candida diet.

My ds13 just started a bad cold this morning. This evening I started to sneeze and blow my nose. My ds is really upset. "But Mom, the last time I gave you something it was serious!" (He gave me the croup like virus that has led to this last month of illness.) I have never ever "blamed" him or anything so this comes out of his concern. Please pray that this cold does not make all this even more ugly.

Oh, Jean, this is such a mixed bag of results. First of all, I hope all who read this will pray that this sneezing not turn into anything serious, that you not regress. That would be simply horrible for you. And for your son. I gave my father pneumonia when I brought my healthy kids to see him and then they got sick while there. It KILLED me because he never fully recovered. He had emphysemz (sp?) COPD. So he was prone. I know what your son is likely feeling, and no matter how much you don't blame him, he will blame himself. It's not right, surely he didn't do it on purpose. I'm REALLY sorry.

Secondly - I know many people have elevated liver enzymes due to medication. Aren't you on meds even before your medication? Please keep us posted on this.

My friend was not supposed to get her echo results right away, but there was something pretty serious wrong with her and they told her immediately. I do believe no news is good news.

I'm really, really concerned about the chills. If you want to take this private please just PM me. Last year I was having issues with the chills off and on, and then I got this KILLER bladder infection. It didn't respond to medication right away, as they usually do, (and I know your's didn't at first, weren't you put on a second dose or another type of antibiotic?) so they put me on another antibiotic. I'm telling you I was two days before ending that medication as well before I started to really feel better. It was weird because that never happened to me before. Because there was blood in my urine (which has happened countless times when I've had UTI's before as I've had them since I was 5 years old!) my current dr, whom has never treated me for a UTI before, told me it was a kidney infection. I'm telling you, it was definitely more intense than my other UTI's. Then I'd have these waves of chills and discomfort come and go. I finally decided I was likely passing a kidney stone. This was last New Years Eve. I was pretty miserable but I remember the urine seeming somehow blocked in some way, and then it was flowing freely again and my discomfort was gone. But the chills continued on for over a month after that.

Are you having ANY waves of discomfort which come and go? Did you have blood in your urine when you had a UTI? Do you have lower back pain on one or both sides that can come and go OR be consistent? The chills thing bothers me because I've only experienced this once in my life, explained above.

That Candida diet is simply horrid. I know, I've done it and am preparing to do it again. A friend of mine and I have been grumbling about it. Thrush is pretty miserable, though, so I hope you find relief from it. What antifungals are you using? I was going to start up the grapefruit seed extract, pao d'arco and one other thing (can't remember at the moment!) again soon. I'm just SO not looking forward to this diet.

You've been through SO much and are working so hard at getting healthy! I pray God heals you COMPLETELY.

Are you off the inhalers?

Sorry so nosey.:tongue_smilie:

The only actual medicine I've been on has been natural thyroid. But I'm on tons of supplements and some of them can cause elevated liver enzymes. The Dr. basically said that it is probably nothing but with my immune system being so compromised, he wants to make sure that I don't have hepatitis or something else that is serious.

They have done a second urinalysis just to make sure that I don't have a UTI anymore. It was clear. I'm not having any UTI symptoms or kidney stone symptoms either. My dh is more concerned that I would have an infection as part of the pericarditis.

At this point I'm taking oreganol, probiotics and will be starting Yeast Cleanse with caprylic acid tomorrow.

Yes, I'm off the inhalers. The ER Dr. wanted me off all steroids because I was getting worse while still on them so obviously they weren't working for me. She also wanted me off the Albutrol because that was making my heart symptoms worse.

Jean- I know you are taking supplements...have you ever heard of Essiac Tea? My aunt works in a cancer ward and many of her patients are on it with fantastic results. It is supposed to be a great immune booster for any kind of chronic or unknown illness. Just thought I'd throw that out there even though I am sure the last thing you want to do is take anything else :001_smile:

Jean- I know you are taking supplements...have you ever heard of Essiac Tea? My aunt works in a cancer ward and many of her patients are on it with fantastic results. It is supposed to be a great immune booster for any kind of chronic or unknown illness. Just thought I'd throw that out there even though I am sure the last thing you want to do is take anything else :001_smile:

I've never heard of that one. I'll check it out!

really? I've recommended this to several people with cancer but didn't know it actually boosts the immune system. I will have to do further research!

My aunt researches things like crazy, and she found out the ingredients to have immune boosting/heavy metal cleansing qualities. She put my Gram who is diabetic and on dialysis on it about a year ago and has seen great results in all of her labs and general health. The docs are amazed at how good my Gram is still doing! I will try and get ahold of my aunt in the next few days and find links. A lot of her info comes from books and magazines, but I think she had at one point sent out a few links for us. I will for sure see her at Christmas and will find out!

My aunt researches things like crazy, and she found out the ingredients to have immune boosting/heavy metal cleansing qualities. She put my Gram who is diabetic and on dialysis on it about a year ago and has seen great results in all of her labs and general health. The docs are amazed at how good my Gram is still doing! I will try and get ahold of my aunt in the next few days and find links. A lot of her info comes from books and magazines, but I think she had at one point sent out a few links for us. I will for sure see her at Christmas and will find out!

I would REALLY appreciate that! Thanks so much!!!