Menu

Thrush and Candida Detox

Sigh. I have thrush (candida fungal infection) in my mouth. No, I'm not going to the Dr. for this. I've had it for over a week and did not recognize it. The Dr. looked at my mouth during that time and did not recognize it. This is after he had previously prescribed a medicine that has as it's number one warning that it can cause thrush. Dh recognized it last night when he was trying to figure out why I was having chills every day and other strange symptoms that the Dr. has no idea what to do with.

One more thing to research and go to the health store to treat. I'm going to have to do some kind of massive Candida diet/detox because candida can in some cases (esp. with people with compromised immune systems which for some reason seems to be me) cause pericarditis which I have been treated for for the last week and a half.

Any advice on dealing with candida? I do take a probiotics every night (50 billion active cultures per capsule). In the a.m. I take Oreganol which is supposed to treat fungal infections among other things. I guess this explains my recent cravings for honey. . .

Sigh. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh Jean, bless your heart! :grouphug: This is very strange, but just this morning I watched a short video from Hallelujah Acres on mercury dental fillings, and the woman spoke about her battles with candida. I had never heard of this connection before. I'll post the link, just in case you're interested. Hope you feel better SOON!

http://www.hacres.com/library/videos/q-a/mercury-dental-fillings?utm_source=weekly-theme-eblast&utm_medium=email&utm_content=main-link&utm_campaign=hatv

I have been on the candida diet since mid-summer for a massive infection. I did have to take oral meds for a month as well as topical meds.

Here is a thread that was helpful to me at that time:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1928178&highlight=candida#post1928178

Here is the website I have relied upon the most these last few months:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

Some points to emphasize:

--It took me about 3 weeks to stop feeling horrible cravings and shakiness.

--Make sure you eat enough fat. It will likely be more than you are used to.

--Drink 2T of apple cider vinegar diluted in water once or twice per day. It's a powerful antifungal. Swish it around your mouth to really address the thrush.

--The more draconian you can make your diet in terms of getting out carbs and sugar, the more success you will see.

--Once I was done feeling horrible, I couldn't believe how GOOD I felt. This diet has been unbelievably good for me.

Go on the candida diet. It is killer, I'll be honest with you, but it does work. I had Candida several years ago manifest itself in my fingernails (weird, I know) My nails were disfigured and I kept getting staph infections around the cuticles. My very bright (NOT) GP kept prescribing me Cipro for the infections, which just aggrivated the problem. I finally went to a dermatologist and she discovered it was Candida and I went on diflucan and the candida diet and it helped.

Ok - I have the Candida diet site up. I'm starting with their step one recommendations.

Apple Cider vinegar! I have the Bragg kind - I'll do that!

I totally forgot about caprylic acid. I didn't know about the coconut oil connection.

I haven't had a chance to look at all the links yet. I'll do that later as I have time.

Thank you, everyone!

Another supplement, that contains caprycylic acid and a bunch of other stuff, is Yeast Cleanse. Worked for me better than that prescription stuff (the name of the thing for during nursing - begins with a D :confused:). You can usually find it at any vitamin store, Whole Foods, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Solaray-Yeast-Cleanse-180-capsules/dp/B00014DJZI

When I started treating systemic yeast years ago, I took out all the naughty foods but also added in probiotic foods and drinks (cultured veggies and kefir). Getting your probiotics in food and drink is more powerful than a pill. You get treated from stem to stern, as it were, rather than just in the small intestine.

I learned how to make them from this website. I have lived this diet for over 5 years and am happy to help you with details of the how/why type. :)

**I do work for this company but this is their main page and I get no compensation for helping you. :)

Thank you.

I was going to look for that Yeast Cleanse stuff at the health/vitamin store but I couldn't remember what it was called!

Thanks for the hugs. Actually thrush doesn't really hurt and discovering it may be a blessing in disguise because it is a visible sign that I have a candida problem and now I can fight it.

I've thought off and on for the last year that it wouldn't hurt to go on a Candida diet but the thought of no cheese :svengo: and no chocolate :nopity: always stopped me from going through with it. Knowing that I actually have a problem is pushing me to actually do this whole hog.

:grouphug: I'm not sure about when you have thrush, but when DS1 had thrush, I treated myself and him, as well as our laundry, with grapefruit seed extract. I drank a few drops mixed in a drink. I used q-tips and swabbed the inside of DS's mouth with diluted GSE. It helped quickly.

Sigh. I have thrush (candida fungal infection) in my mouth. No, I'm not going to the Dr. for this. I've had it for over a week and did not recognize it. The Dr. looked at my mouth during that time and did not recognize it. This is after he had previously prescribed a medicine that has as it's number one warning that it can cause thrush. Dh recognized it last night when he was trying to figure out why I was having chills every day and other strange symptoms that the Dr. has no idea what to do with.

One more thing to research and go to the health store to treat. I'm going to have to do some kind of massive Candida diet/detox because candida can in some cases (esp. with people with compromised immune systems which for some reason seems to be me) cause pericarditis which I have been treated for for the last week and a half.

Any advice on dealing with candida? I do take a probiotics every night (50 billion active cultures per capsule). In the a.m. I take Oreganol which is supposed to treat fungal infections among other things. I guess this explains my recent cravings for honey. . .

Sigh. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

No sugar or carbs especially fruit, white flour, or sugary anything. Yeast loves fruit sugar and any mold spores...so they are out.

Caprylic Acid supplements are a natural Nystatin. Take one 3x per day...they can cause a bellyache, but that I always assumed was yeast die-off.

Rinse your mouth with salt-water a few times a day.

Don't over do the pro-biotics as they can give you symptoms of yeast too.

Grapeseed extract and garlic are great.

I have btdt too many times....horrible.

Praying for you.

Faithe

Gentian Violet is also supposed to do wonders for oral thrust (often given to nursing babies with the problem), but it turns everything purple. I did a candida diet for a couple weeks and also supplemented with kefir, grapefruit seed extract and caprylic acid.

Yikes, not another thing!

Definitely get the candida cleansing diet. Would it not be something it that took care of the pericarditis as well?

I seem to recall that you are under the care of a holistic doc - you could call at least and see what he/she recommends without making another trip to the office.

You mentioned "Oreganol", is this the same as Oil of Oregano? Oil of Oregano is supposed a powerful killer of anything fungal.

If I can think of anything else I'll PM you.

Gentian Violet is also supposed to do wonders for oral thrust (often given to nursing babies with the problem), but it turns everything purple. I did a candida diet for a couple weeks and also supplemented with kefir, grapefruit seed extract and caprylic acid.

This worked well for me and one of my babies. You do have to be careful with it though.