Menu

Games to play with DH? (again, not THAT kind!)

I'm trying to break our current habit, which seems to be that after the kid sgo to bed, we sit on the couch--him with his iPad, me with my laptiop--and half watch TV, half stare at the screens in our laps. It's snuggly and companionable, but I'd really love for us to interact more! We used to play Gin Rummy and Trivial Pursuit, but we got kind of tired of those. I'm looking for some new ideas. What do you and your DH play in your alone time?

TIA!

Dh and I actually really enjoy a little Cranium card game called Zigity. I wouldn't pay $30 for it (I think we got ours for $10) but it gets brought out a lot. It is fun but doesn't require a lot of brain power, which is nice with how hectic our days are lately.:tongue_smilie:

Another good one is Abalone.

Am I terrible if I admit that we sometimes play Wii or PS3 together? :o :D We finished off Super Mario Bros with all the stars and are now trying to unlock all the secrets in MarioKart. I guess sometimes we're just kids at heart. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by plain jane

Right now DH is on a cribbage kick, so anyone he can con into playing with him, he will. ;) Other times we play skipbo, gin rummy, Trivial Pursuit. He won't play word games with me, b'c I can take him to the cleaners in those, so we stick to games in which we're more evenly matched.

My hubby and I used to play cribbage and backgamon a lot. Oldies but goodies. We also play one of those games like Settlers of Catan (I can't remember which one we have right now). We also used to play Gobble It! a lot but I got tired of getting my butt kicked on that one. We like doing crossword puzzles together too.