Menu

vent, pure vent

My daughters went to this FABULOUS dance studio for 8 years. We loved the ballet teacher, who was also one of the owners. It felt like home.

Over the summer, the two ladies who owned it decided to go in different directions. The great teacher left, the lady we didn't really know got the studio. She renamed it, repainted it very gaudily, and has changed a bunch of things. OK, it's her studio, she can do what she wants.

Then my younger dd was getting upset in class every week. She had a new teacher, one who is very hard to understand, and was very upset about the changes in the studio. She decided to quit the end of October.

My older dd was already used to this teacher and has good friends in her class. She's fine. So we decided we'll ride out this year and hopefully the great teacher will start her own studio for next year.

The older girls always perform at a holiday party. Last year my older dd came up with an idea for a dance she wanted to do at the party, but it was too late to add it. So this year she talked to her teacher about it and was told to make a video file and put it on a flash drive and leave it for the owner to see. This we did, after my dh had to buy a flash drive, and dd went to a lot of trouble to perform the dance and video it.

Then today we get an email saying that she's not interested in showcasing individual students' work at the holiday party, but offers her a scholarship to some composition workshop (which is like $10 a session). So my dd emails her back saying that it wouldn't just be her performing, but also other girls from her class. My dd thanked her for the scholarship offer and asked for more information about the workshop. I made sure that this whole thing was worded very politely!

I just got the reply and I am steamed! I feel that the teacher was incredibly blunt and rude. She said, "It really does not matter to me if you planned a solo or group project." She told my dd that she should have gotten an email about the workshop and if she had any questions to ask the girl in the office, implying that she didn't want to hear from her again.

And I am also really annoyed, because she never had any intention of letting my dd do the dance, but she still made us jump through all these hoops ANYWAY! I frankly don't want to give this woman or her studio another dime, but I won't take older dd out until this year is over. If the wonderful teacher doesn't start her own studio, we're finding another.

I haven't shown the reply to my dd yet. I'm trying to calm down first.

Oh my. Your poor dd. We had to change studios this year, and it is SO hard to find a quality studio with a high level of professionalism.

It took us about 3 months, but we finally found one and my dd is performing in Nutcracker this weekend.

Maybe you should look around and try different studios while you're waiting to see what the great teacher is going to do.

:grouphug: for you and one for your dd: :grouphug:

Thank you very much for the hugs!

Oh my. Your poor dd. We had to change studios this year, and it is SO hard to find a quality studio with a high level of professionalism.

It took us about 3 months, but we finally found one and my dd is performing in Nutcracker this weekend.

Maybe you should look around and try different studios while you're waiting to see what the great teacher is going to do.

I did look around a little bit when my younger dd was thinking of quitting. But you're right - it would be a good idea to actually visit and try out a class this year. Thanks! I'm glad you found a good place.