Menu

Knitting and Crocheting questions

I'd like to get DD6 a basic, knit or crochet, how-to book/video and supplies. I don't know how to knit and the very basics for crocheting. Do you have any recommendations for a book or video? Where do we start with supplies? And, any other advice is welcome! Thanks!

My dds and I learned to knit using this really fantastic dvd for beginners!

Our internet connection was/is less than stellar so the dvd was great for us. Knitting has been a wonderful, very useful hobby for us!

the knitting help site is great,too!

Another really good place to look for easy patterns is http://www.ravelry.com/

You do have to join, but it is free and oh, so worth it!

Edited by Mothersweets

I'd like to get DD6 a basic, knit or crochet, how-to book/video and supplies. I don't know how to knit and the very basics for crocheting. Do you have any recommendations for a book or video? Where do we start with supplies? And, any other advice is welcome! Thanks!

For a 6yo I would highly recommend the Knifty Knitter. I know 6yo's can knit or crochet the conventional way perfectly well, but my kids all still absolutely love their Knifty Knitters and can create hats & scarves quickly and without frustration or help from me. ;) There are tons of free tutorials on YouTube if anything in the directions looks confusing.