Menu

What are your favorite "practical" books (a few categories)

1. If you only had two books to provide you with useful information and be a resource of ideas for saving money, what would you pick?

2. If you only had two books on household organization (I am thinking Martha Stewarts large book that has SO many topics covered), what would you pick?

3. Two books on providing for yourself... like that big book about country living... sustaining yourselves... depending on the "government" less...??

4. Two books on gardening?

Or, if you don't like the 1-4 options... what would be your top 5-10 books to have on hand that are non-fiction and help you in life??

Money Saving

1. Dave Ramsey Financial Peace

2. Tightwad Gazzette

Household Organization

1. aforementioned Martha Stewart Encyclopedia

2 Organizing from the Inside Out

3.Encyclopedia of Country Living

4.Storey's Basic Country Skills

5. Square Foot Gardening While this might not be the best method for 'survival gardening' it's a great how-to to begin.

6. Seed to Seed

Cooking:

1. How to Cook Everything - Mark Bittman

2. Ratio by Ruhlman

Edited by DarcyB

Thanks, Darcy!!! That's just what I was looking for! I kept thinking of the books I'd read over the years, but didn't have on my shelf (we moved and didn't take all the books). I used to have several that you mentioned and was wanting to get them again, but couldn't remember each one. You're awesome!!

Thanks, Darcy!!! That's just what I was looking for! I kept thinking of the books I'd read over the years, but didn't have on my shelf (we moved and didn't take all the books). I used to have several that you mentioned and was wanting to get them again, but couldn't remember each one. You're awesome!!

glad I could help.