Menu

Christmas gift ideas for 13-year old boys?

Our 13yob is getting new shoes and some clothes from his dad...

I've got him a multi-tool gadget and a headlamp flashlight (both very inexpensive, but very decent quality from Lowes)...

I am also thinking of getting him a pay as you go cell phone... we tried one with him over a year ago and it wasn't time for that... but, I know he'd be delighted. He is not a highly social boy, but will love being able to call his older brothers, dad and me. He loves things that make him feel more independent and "grown up".

My ds is getting a new computer. His laptop is messed up and we gave him an IOU for his birthday in Sept. :glare:

We usually save up and buy an electronic item for him at Christmas. I'm glad because aside from that this is a hard age. Mine doesn't give a rip about clothes and is not into sports. Food, that might be the only other to appeal to his needs.

We did just move and my parents bought him a new mattress and I'm hoping to find a comforter or some bedding, which will probably be around Christmas, so it may go under the tree.

For a smaller gift, the game Fluxx might be appreciated.

Regards,

Kareni

These are the kinds of things I am wanting. Smallish to wrap and put under the tree. Is there any particular version that you like? I noticed that there were several.

He really isn't into clothes at all, and he already has a cell phone. We are holding off a bit on the laptop.

Keep the suggestions coming, pretty please!

My guys are 11 & 12. Close enough. ;) They love their video games, $$, Legos. They'd love a new laptop, but that will have to wait for now. Oh, and please don't forget to load the stocking with their favorite goodies. :tongue_smilie: Honestly, I think they'd be happy if I just handed them $$.

If it's any help to you, last year mine got a number of pairs of drumsticks. :bigear::001_huh:

Okay, I'm just back on a scouting expedition from my boys' rooms.

My boys always liked getting Foxtrot and Zits comic collections. Garfield when they were younger. It was just fun zone out reading for them.

Gift card to a video rental store to try a new or different video game.

Wedge book light or flashlight

Beef jerky in the stocking

Nerf guns were on the list for a number of years there.

Duct tape

I did buy my ds a Leatherman Multi-tool around that age. It wasn't one of those "This is the best present I've ever received." gifts (those were the extra LOTR books) but it's been a handy tool to have and he's used it quite a bit.

My son who really isn't into video games wants an xbox 360. My cousin is selling us one that he bought 5 months ago. We're getting a good deal but it's still expensive. We told ds that if he got the xbox that it would be his only gift. He was okay with that. Strange because he's just not a video game kid.

Nerf tag is a good idea. I might pick that up too. I bet he and his friends would have fun with that.

These are the kinds of things I am wanting. Smallish to wrap and put under the tree. Is there any particular version [of Fluxx] that you like? I noticed that there were several.

We have enjoyed the Original Version. When we bought it, it was Version 2.0. I see they are now at Version 4.0.

These other versions look like fun though!

Martian Fluxx

Monty Python Fluxx

Zombie Fluxx

Regards,

Kareni

Edited by Kareni

I just remembered that my oldest often likes getting a kit of some sort to put together and paint--he's done car models, small Lord of the Rings figures, and model rockets through the years. The LOTR figures were nice as he'd just pull them out when he needed a zone out something to do.

For that age, if there is a field or flat location nearby where he can set them off - Estes rocket kits! Satisfies the male urge to blow things up...

Careful about Airsoft guns - a guy here had his taken by police and destroyed because it looked too much like a real gun. My nephews in CA had them, but only to use in the back yard at targets - on the street they just looked too real.

All the relatives are giving gift certificates to the Apple store and for Itunes because the boys have been saving for Itouches.

We are giving them each one of these http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-Gyroscope-Controlled-Helicopter/dp/8499000606/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291395214&sr=8-1

Also some books. I just bought them some clothes, so those sort of count, right:)

One of my boys wants a Ukulele for Christmas. The other is a tennis player and needs tennis clothes, racquet grips, etc.

My 13 yo is getting a fancy 'gaming computer' that DH is building for him. He also got a NICE 32" monitor for the new computer (I'm jealous!) & ice hockey lessons.

12 yo twin #1 got the new Nook Color, rollerblades, The Michael Jackson Experience for Wii (he's a huge MJ fan), 2 new XBox controllers, The Book of Totally Irresponsible Science & Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction.

12 yo twin #2 got the XBox Kinect + 3 games, rollerblades, Mindflex game...& I can't remember what else!

Oh & all 3 boys got the Robonica Roboni-i programmable robot toy (review here) - snagged when Amazon had it dirt cheap a few weeks ago.

I know I'm forgetting some things, but those were the biggest items. For stocking stuffers I got some military surplus items (requested by one of the twins), new 12 month XBox Live subscription cards + odds 'n ends from ThinkGeek, Fred Flare & Archie McPhee.