Menu

Favorite Christmas present ever?

Mine was received when I was 10. It was a doll that was bought for my mother when she was 4. It was a boy doll and the next year she wanted a girl doll, so my grandmother put a wig on the doll and made it pretty clothes. As a little girl, I would always ask to play with her at Grandma's house. When my grandmother passed the doll on to me, she made it a wardrobe of clothing. I played hours and hours with Cindy.

I took a picture of her today... She is now 62 years old. I love her. Those are original rubber doll shoes with original laces. Out of everything I have that has stayed with me in my life, this is tops.

Crafts2001.jpg

What was your all time favorite Christmas gift?

My favorite Christmas present was nothing as nice as yours, but I loved it so much. It was my Huffy Green Machine. Huffy-Green-Machine.jpg Although mine was different from this one, it was 30 years ago and this was the only image I could find of one. It is still the same basic design though. You pedalled really fast and then pull the one of the levers and it would spin you around in circles, then you pedalled really fast again and pulled the other lever and it was spin you in circles again in the other direction. That thing was so cool. I only had it for a few days and I wore a hole into the back tire because I was constantly riding in it all over my neighborhood. Then one day I went to a friend's house to play and left my green machine outside and somebody stole it. :crying: sniff. I never saw it again, but it was the best Christmas present I ever got.

I have two:

The first being an emotional gift and the second a physical one.

The first, a card with the words "love, grandma" on the bottom. It was the last thing i ever received from her that shows she still had mobile ability. Alzheimer's is a horribly, horrible disease.

The second, a fleece blanket my mother bought me a few years ago. I love it. Its been with me through sickness and good times. Always there to wrap around myself to be warm and comfortable. Its huge!

I've always loved the type of doll you have. They have a childhood ''feel'' to them, you know?

I was just talking about this yesterday. One of my favorites was from the 70's: the GE Show N Tell. It has a plastic piece with slide pictures that went into the top and it played a 45 with a story and songs. The whole thing was synchronized like a filmstrip. It was sort of like having a tv in my room as a kid.

show_n_tell_phono_viewer_youth_823588.jpg

That's cool! I've never seen one of those before. I would have loved that too. :)

My favorite gift was when I was in my early 20s. My dad sneaked into my room and "stole" my cowboy boots. Man, I *loved* those boots!!! But they were well worn. ::giggle::

He had them cleaned, polished, new stacks put on them... I squealed when I opened those on Christmas morning! He laughed and said, "Who would have thought $8 for sprucing up old boots would cause such joy?"

My favorite gift was when I was in my early 20s. My dad sneaked into my room and "stole" my cowboy boots. Man, I *loved* those boots!!! But they were well worn. ::giggle::

He had them cleaned, polished, new stacks put on them... I squealed when I opened those on Christmas morning! He laughed and said, "Who would have thought $8 for sprucing up old boots would cause such joy?"

That's awesome! I wish I could find a cobbler who would refit my shoes for 8 bucks! The only cobbler around here wants more to re-sole the boots than I paid for them. :(

5:39 Christmas morning 1997, after three years of trying and one miscarriage, I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, 8lb 9oz baby girl. I can honestly say I have never and will never receive another gift that even comes close to that most awesome Christmas miracle.

Edited by akmommy

5:39 Christmas morning 1997, after three years of trying and one miscarriage, I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy, 8lb 9oz baby girl. I can honestly say I have never and will never receive another gift that even comes close to that most awesome Christmas miracle.

:crying: That is so sweet! You win. You got the best Christmas present ever! :grouphug: :)

my dd, almost 16 years ago. SHe was 4 months old and arrived on the plane from Korea just a few days before Christmas. The pilots even came up to us to wish us Good Wishes. And my cousin dressed up in the best Santa Clause outfit and we have a picture of dd sitting on Santa's lap (she loved him from that moment on).

My dh is not a Christian, but knew I had always wanted a really nice cross. We flew back east to spend Christmas with my family when my oldest son was a year old. My dh called me upstairs to the room we were staying in at my parents house, and handed me a box. It was the most perfect cross!

Side story - 2-years ago I was heading out to do the evening chores, so I took my jewelry off and sat it on the table. The next morning when I went to put it on, I found the jewelry scattered about, the chain mangled, and the cross missing. We searched the whole house - and I mean everywhere. The puppy had obviously got a hold of the cross and ate it. Unfortunately, he had already went out to do his morning business. We live on nearly 34 fenced acres, most of which is woods, so finding the pile was really not a possibility. I was devastated, and I think I may have even posted about it on this board.

Over a year later, my dh bought me another cross, but it wasn't the same. The first one was sooo special because it was such a complete surprise, and I knew it had come completely from my dh's heart. About a month after this, I was following our cow up to her stall. It was horribly muddy, and she was sinking about 2-inches. I was looking down at the ground as I was going along, and there in one of her sunken hoof-prints was my original cross. It was still in perfect condition!

Krista