Menu

Update on asking a single friend to take my kids on a field trip

In this thread http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226885&highlight=presumptuous I asked if it would be tacky or presumptuous to ask a single friend who's been offering to help during my illness to take my kids on a field trip. As many of you predicted, he's delighted to take them tomorrow to the Museum of Flight. He's never been there and I think it will be a really fun time for them as well as a blessing for me. Thank you for pushing me to actually ask. My kids are excited too.

That's great!

OT, but how was your ECG today, Jean?

The echocardiogram procedure was great. They were very thorough, I think, because they were doing it for a good 45 min. instead of the 20 min. I was originally told. I have absolutely no idea if they found anything though. It went from the technician to a radiologist for review and then on to my Dr. who will call me with results hopefully soon. But whether they found anything or not, I am responding very well to being on high doses of anti-inflammatories. I'm not well by any means, but I do see improvement every day.

That's great news about the museum trip, Jean -- I've been wondering if he'd responded! I'm so glad you asked -- and as I always say, if you don't ask, you don't get! ;)

I hope everything turns out well with the ECG results -- if you don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon, you may want to call the doctor. He should have the results by then, and if he doesn't, a little reminder to put a fire under the radiologist couldn't hurt!

I'm glad you're seeing daily improvement. It's a long road back to good health, but as long as you're moving in the right direction, that's what matters most.

Praying for you! :grouphug:

Cat