Menu

where do you shop

if you're a stylish, urban 30-year-old? 'Cause I have no clue. :confused: I'm especially struggling with everyday looks. I've always been very, very plain, and I'm sick of it! I don't really wear skirts or dresses though, because I don't like my knees. Maybe I should just do it anyway, because all the nice-looking ladies seem to be wearing skirts....

TARGET. Even the style snobs pick up stuff at Target.

Really, though, your style isn't entirely dependant on where you shop. If you want to change your look and you haven't been into fashion for awhile or you're not someone with the fashion gene, my suggestion is to look around at blogs and fashion magazines and other women when you are in town and frankly, copy what you like.

You probably already have some really great pieces that work for you. When you look around, notice how the people you find stylish are putting their outfits together and what accessories they are using. Accessories can make a dull outfit go zing.

Edited by ceecee75

Ann Taylor Loft, Eddie Bauer, Nordstroms, Target, Marshalls, TJMaxx and sometimes some cute trendy things from Charlotte Russe.

I wouldn't worry about your knees, these days tights with skirts, dresses and long tunic tops are really popular.

I would pick up a some cheap tights from Target, a skirt from Nordstroms, a nice sweater from Eddie Bauer and a pair of mid length or tall boots (Target actually has some that are cute and cheap!) and bam! You have a really cute, not to expensive, stylish outfit that looks great on a 30 something year old!

What's your budget?

If money is at all tight, go online and look at the expensive stores, and then head out to Marshall's or TJ Maxx and see what you can find. If you're looking for trendy stuff that you'll only wear for a season or two, you may be able to find some bargains.

Cat

I am older than you but a few places that I think have great clothes are Anthropolgie (expensive- but fun to scour the sales racks), Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, and even GAP. Tights and boots are really popular right now...maybe you should give skirts a try!:D

TARGET. Even the style snobs pick up stuff at Target.

Really, though, your style isn't entirely dependant on where you shop. If you want to change your look and you haven't been into fashion for awhile or you're not someone with the fashion gene, my suggestion is to look around at blogs and fashion magazines and other women when you are in town and frankly, copy what you like.

You probably already have some really great pieces that work for you. When you look around, notice how the people you find stylish are putting their outfits together and what accessories they are using. Accessories can make a dull outfit go zing.

LLBean, Eddie bauer, Coldwater Creek, Lands End, Kohls, JCPenney, Ann Taylor Loft, TJMaxx for shoes.

Ann Taylor, AT Loft, White House/Black Market, Old Navy

Ann Taylor Loft, Eddie Bauer, Nordstroms, Target, Marshalls, TJMaxx and sometimes some cute trendy things from Charlotte Russe.

I wouldn't worry about your knees, these days tights with skirts, dresses and long tunic tops are really popular.

I would pick up a some cheap tights from Target, a skirt from Nordstroms, a nice sweater from Eddie Bauer and a pair of mid length or tall boots (Target actually has some that are cute and cheap!) and bam! You have a really cute, not to expensive, stylish outfit that looks great on a 30 something year old!

Nordstrom, Talbots

Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, GAP.

I agree with everyone else. I mostly shop at: Old Navy, GAP, Ann Taylor/Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic (and their outlet stores), Talbot's, Target, White House Black Market, Eddie Bauer, J Crew, etc. Some of these stores are pricey, but they have some good sales/coupons. It's worth buying some pricey basics because they look good for a long time. Mix and match. An inexpensive top from Target can look great with a pair of slacks from Ann Taylor.

I also agree that accessorizing makes all the difference.

eta: I also love Boden.

Edited by Mrs Mungo