Menu

I made an MCT grammar help sheet

jenn&charles

Jenn,

That chart is absolutely wonderful. Visual kids will definitely benefit from it.

One recommendation I have would be to change your example sentence for io/do. The dog bit mom's nose does not actually have an io. Mom's in that sentence is actually a possessive noun. Since mom's nose is connected to her body, she is directly receiving the action the action of that bite. ;)

Jenn,

That chart is absolutely wonderful. Visual kids will definitely benefit from it.

One recommendation I have would be to change your example sentence for io/do. The dog bit mom's nose does not actually have an io. Mom's in that sentence is actually a possessive noun. Since mom's nose is connected to her body, she is directly receiving the action the action of that bite. ;)

*Blush* Ok well you can see I'm learning too, lol....

Alright, someone give me a new sentence and I'll change it this afternoon and repost it!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. :001_smile:

Edited by jenn&charles

WOW! That is wonderful! Patiently waitiing for the edited version. :001_smile: How can you save Google docs and print it? Is this on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper or is it 4 sheets of 8.5x11?

The boy gave Mom the book.

Book = DO

Mom = IO

Also, in the complex sentence it says "An independent clause MAKED sense by itself."

Edited by Capt_Uhura

WOW! That is wonderful! Patiently waitiing for the edited version. :001_smile: How can you save Google docs and print it? Is this on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper or is it 4 sheets of 8.5x11?

The boy gave Mom the book.

Book = DO

Mom = IO

Also, in the complex sentence it says "An independent clause MAKED sense by itself."

Thanks for the new sentence! I've fixed the help sheet and uploaded a new version.

As for Google Docs...I'm new to it. I'm using it for any larger files I want to share on my website so that I don't blow my bandwidth. :)

When I look at it on Google Docs I see file and view on the upper left hand side. If you click file, there is a print and download option.

Is this on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper or is it 4 sheets of 8.5x11?

It should be on one 8.5x11 sheet.

I made it in Photoshop and actually made it slightly smaller than that so the edges should print.

When I saved it as a PDF...it should have made it perfectly one page of paper size.

Let me know if it tries to print it as 4 pages, then I will need to maybe fix the resolution - which I made pretty high so that everything would print nicely.

Edited by jenn&charles

It looks phenomenal, Jenn, thanks. :) I can't seem to access the updated version, though....

Hmmm, try refreshing my blog page and then clicking the link.

Or try this:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_fU6Rv1nH6pM2RmNTJhOWYtMmRjOS00MzlmLWJlOTktNThkMDJkMGI0ZWM1&hl=en&authkey=CI-3x8gB

Maybe I will have to ditch the whole Google Docs idea! It seems like it has some problems (this is the 2nd time I've tried linking to it for something).

Let me know if it doesn't work and if not, I'll post it to my actual website which is usually pretty foolproof.

Well, don't feel badly....MCT has several grammar mistakes in his books! I think I found one today in Paragraph Town!

The only other thing I saw is the list of coordinating conjunctions. If you're using MCT's list, I think he has "for" in there as well. "And but or for nor so yet."

I'm going to squeeze in the subordinating conj as well, which he wants memorized "as if since when because."

Thank you so much! This is absolutely stunning and my boys will love it! I wouldn't even begin to know how to do that! You're very generous sharing it w/ all of us.

Capt_Uhura

The only other thing I saw is the list of coordinating conjunctions. If you're using MCT's list, I think he has "for" in there as well. "And but or for nor so yet."

I'm going to squeeze in the subordinating conj as well, which he wants memorized "as if since when because."

Capt_Uhura

Oh! That's a great idea. I'll add those in as well. I'll change it later on this evening and post yet another version of the help sheet.

I just tried to print it but I still can't. An alternative printing option would be greatly appreciated.

After I make the next version with the changes to the conjunctions, I'll go ahead and link it to my website instead of Google Docs.

Right now I'm going to drag myself away from the board and do some history with Otter...so I'll get to it a bit later.

After I post the new link, let me know if it works for you. If not, I can email you either a pdf or a jpg and we'll get it to work one way or another!

:001_smile:

Thanks a ton for all of your hard work. Dd and I are just finishing Grammar Town and I was thinking that I needed to create something like this for her.

I just tried to print it but I still can't. An alternative printing option would be greatly appreciated.

:iagree: (I couldn't get it to print until I clicking on file, then print in PDF.)

The newest version of the help sheet has just been uploaded here:

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/printables/files/grammar/grammar_version_4.pdf

It's now on my website for those of you who had trouble with the Google docs version.

I made a couple small additions. I added "for" on the list of conjunctions and also added in the subordinating conjunctions: as, if, since, when, because.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know this thread is a bit older but I wanted to give it a bump. I only learned about this thread from reading in another one and would have missed out on this absolute GEM!!

Thank you, Jenn for all the hard work you put into this and for sharing it with us. And thanks to one l michele for giving credit to this sheet and bringing it to my attention.

Wow. I love love love this K-8 forum (and subforum)!!!!!

I know this thread is a bit older but I wanted to give it a bump. I only learned about this thread from reading in another one and would have missed out on this absolute GEM!!

Thank you, Jenn for all the hard work you put into this and for sharing it with us. And thanks to one l michele for giving credit to this sheet and bringing it to my attention.

Wow. I love love love this K-8 forum (and subforum)!!!!!

Thanks! I need to make yet another correction to it (I think). Someone pointed out to me that I have the wrong word for complement on there ( I think I put compliment?? No time to look right now).

Anyway, when I get around to changing it (maybe in a week or two) I'll repost it yet again, lol.

Thanks everyone for the replies!