Menu

Boy Dolls

My daughter wants a boy doll for Christmas so her girl doll can have a brother like she does:001_smile:. Problem is, the only boy dolls I can find are the Bitty Twins from American girl and we really don't need 2 dolls (especially for that price:scared:). So, does anyone know any other place I can find a boy doll for her?

Thanks!

If you are looking for a baby boy doll, Corolle makes several options that are cute.

My daughter did love her bitty twins and even now when she is age 9 they are well taken care of and kept in a special container that I am not to refer to as a "storage container" but as their "little room." :D

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.... I knew could count on you:D! Unfortunately, the sewing option is out:blushing: but I'll check out ebay to see if I can find anyone else who is trying to split a set.

Kitten18, where were you able to purchase only one of the Bitty Twins? Can I do it online or would I have to find an actual store?

Also, thanks for the suggestions of other dolls to check into; I'm going to do just that!

Thanks!

Those Target dolls are a bit hideous... though that's just a personal opinion. Obviously.

We have a Corelle boy baby doll that is still really special to my son. Hilariously, they sent a girl doll and a boy doll (they were supposed to both be boy ones, just wearing different colors or something) so one boy got the girl doll and the other got the boy doll. But now, 5 years later, the blue baby doll is always referred to as "she" and the pink baby doll is always referred to as "he.":lol:

I looked long and hard a few years ago for more grown up boy dolls for my lads but never found what I was looking for. However, I seem to remember one of the German toymakers made a couple of really nice ones... they were just expensive.

There should totally be more boy dolls.

My son (5) thinks there should be an American Boy store that sells boy dolls.

Target used to see an "Our Generation/Battat" boy version of their American Girl knock-offs. His name was 'Jack'...We got one and my son LOVES him! ;)

We got some of the more gender neutral AG outfits for him ( The basketball clothes, the aviator outfit, etc.) DS loves to play with him right alongside his sisters and their AG dolls.

You can still find a few of them around on ebay

Here's an example of one

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACK-BOY-DOLL-BATTAT-18-COLLECTORS-LANE-KIDS-SERIES-/260700755573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb2f9d675

Are looking for a doll like the Bitty Dolls or a baby doll? Indy has an anatomically correct baby boy doll that he loves (James Bond nearly hit the roof when he got it, but I told him not to make a big deal of it and all is well). My mom sent it to him because it's almost exactly the same size (and weight) Indy was when he was born (he was a preemie). Indy calls him his baby brother and gave him JB's middle name. It's sweet. The doll smells like baby powder and when I hold it, it's just like holding Indy as a baby. We even put one of Indy's preemie sleepers on him and wrapped him in one of Indy's blankets. There are several available here, but they are a bit pricey. These are crazy realistic though if you're looking for a baby doll.

When I was little I had an anatomically correct boy doll named Jason. I loved Jason beyond all reason. He even drank bottles and peed which I thought was a riot. Jason got lost when several of our moving boxes went missing one time during a military move. I was devastated. My mom looked and looked for a new one (this back before ebay of course) but could never find another one like him for me. So sad. My poor sweet Jason.