Menu

Do you need the CDs for linguistic development through poetry memorization?

blessedmom3

I thought the cds would be a convenient way for everyone to memorize poetry, but every time we put the cd in they wanted to hear the next poem, and the next and the next and the next, etc..... which did not lend itself to working on one poem over and over again until memorized. So, in my experience the cds were not worth the price, but ymmv.

If you want convenient poetry appreciation - yes. If you want hard core poetry memory - maybe not?

I thought the cds would be a convenient way for everyone to memorize poetry, but every time we put the cd in they wanted to hear the next poem, and the next and the next and the next, etc..... which did not lend itself to working on one poem over and over again until memorized. So, in my experience the cds were not worth the price, but ymmv.

If you want convenient poetry appreciation - yes. If you want hard core poetry memory - maybe not?

:iagree: Yup! Listening to cds allowed us to get er done!

For us, they are. We use them to review in the car. We've done levels 1 and 2 of the program and are just beginning level 3. It would be very tedious and cumbersome for me to review previous levels without the cd. To review, the kids just recite the poems along with the cd. At this point, we review each level once a week.

Lisa