Menu

I am SICK of this stupid stomach flu

We have had it for 6 straight days. My cousins had it on Thanksgiving and passed it to everyone. I have had a child puking since Thanksgiving night. That included a 7 hour ride home. :ack2:

we have all ate nothing but crackers and popsicles and people are still barfing. Thank God I havent since I have an irrational fear about it, but I am going to DIE if this goes on another day. I have had to shampoo and wash sooo many items I cant even count. NO ONE has made it in a bowl or toilet and my stomach hurst so bad I wanna die.

I hate you stupid never ending stomach flu from h-e-double hockey sticks

Strep throat here! I want to send a reminder to every parent in the world that if their kid seems "off," they need to keep said kid home. Especially when other members of the family have been sick.

This is the first time either of my kids have had strep. I hope it stays contained to just one, but I am worried about myself....you know that teeny bit of soreness in your throat.....

Anyway, I hope you are seeing the last of that nasty bug. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

We're just over another kind of bug - not the barfing type, but the coughing, hacking, fever, body ache kind of bug. (Oh, and did I mention - the swollen face and sore leg (so that she can't walk kind of pain))???? Weird!!! I posted on FB the other day about how much I needed sleep. That night, she slept!!! I swear I hadn't had more than 3 hours of sleep for the previous 9 nights. I'm NOT exaggerating!!!

I pray you don't have Norovirus! I got that one year from a hotel. It was HORRIBLE!!! The aches, pains, and fever only lasted a week. The intestinal cramping lasted much longer!!

I feel for you. It took 9 days for it to finally get through us all. It was the worst stomach virus I have ever had. I felt like my stomach and guts were going to burst out of my body. TERRIBLE!!! I am so sorry. Praying you all get better very quickly!!! :grouphug:

Yes, I have it now and it's lingering on and on. Thankfully no one else in the family has come down with it.

When my two children were much younger, all three of us (my husband was out to sea) had the barfing virus at the same time. Once I was running toward the bathroom to take care of my 8-year-old and slipped in the hallway on some vomit from my 3-year-old. And of course that set me throwing up again. It's funny now, but I think I just gave up then and let the vomit stay in the hallway until I had the strength to clean it up.

I feel for you. It took 9 days for it to finally get through us all. It was the worst stomach virus I have ever had. I felt like my stomach and guts were going to burst out of my body. TERRIBLE!!! I am so sorry. Praying you all get better very quickly!!! :grouphug:

OH NO 9 DAYS!?!?!? ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

I had 3 kids no drugs, and this pain is darn close to that pain. I have a high pain tolerance and I am at about a 7 or 8. BUT at least I am not puking. I super freaking hate puking. I almost lost it awhile ago, but it passed.

One kid went down thursday, one friday, one saturday and my issues started sunday. the thursday puker stopped sat night..the friday one stopped sunday...the sat one just puked about an hour ago :001_huh: and I almost lost it then too.

This is the worst thing ever. Id rather have strep.

OH NO 9 DAYS!?!?!? ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

I had 3 kids no drugs, and this pain is darn close to that pain. I have a high pain tolerance and I am at about a 7 or 8. BUT at least I am not puking. I super freaking hate puking. I almost lost it awhile ago, but it passed.

One kid went down thursday, one friday, one saturday and my issues started sunday. the thursday puker stopped sat night..the friday one stopped sunday...the sat one just puked about an hour ago :001_huh: and I almost lost it then too.

This is the worst thing ever. Id rather have strep.

Yeah, 9 days. Sorry! My youngest got sick Friday a week ago, and then oldest on Monday, middle on Tuesday, me on Thursday, and dh on Sunday. It took me until Sunday to feel better, although the kids seem to get over it quicker, thank God! I threw up all day Thursday (Happy Thanksgiving :glare: ). I HATE puking, and I HATE it when my kids puke!! I can handle anything but the puking. I also had a fever (as did everyone else), and I never run a fever. I know what you mean about the pain. I had epidurals with my deliveries, but I can't imagine natural could have hurt much worse than that stomach pain!!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Yeah, 9 days. Sorry! My youngest got sick Friday a week ago, and then oldest on Monday, middle on Tuesday, me on Thursday, and dh on Sunday. It took me until Sunday to feel better, although the kids seem to get over it quicker, thank God! I threw up all day Thursday (Happy Thanksgiving :glare: ). I HATE puking, and I HATE it when my kids puke!! I can handle anything but the puking. I also had a fever (as did everyone else), and I never run a fever. I know what you mean about the pain. I had epidurals with my deliveries, but I can't imagine natural could have hurt much worse than that stomach pain!!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh man, at least we all ate a good Thanksgiving meal...you poor thing! I am a psycho spaz about the puke, and I freak out. My poor kids probably feel worse because I cant handle it and I get all crazy-like :tongue_smilie:Thankfully none of us has a fever, but DH just told me he wasnt feeling so well and he doesnt have any sick days left :-(

It like pure evilness. I swaer I cry for my mommy when I puke. I havent done it in 7 years,not even through my 3 pregnancies.

We've had it here too. The kids both threw up once, then were fine after that, other than being very very tired, cranky, and unwilling to eat much. DH only threw up a few times, but I lost count the number of times I stood over the throne yesterday. The nausea is just starting to subside, but I feel like a truck hit me. And everything smells like old mac-n-cheese.

Ugh! I feel your pain! My toddler came down with it on our Thanksgiving vacation, including a spectacular episode in the hotel breakfast room. Then we had a five hour train trip home.

Hope everyone is staying hydrated. My little guy wound up in the ER because we just couldn't get enough fluids in him at home.

Oh man, at least we all ate a good Thanksgiving meal...you poor thing! I am a psycho spaz about the puke, and I freak out. My poor kids probably feel worse because I cant handle it and I get all crazy-like :tongue_smilie:Thankfully none of us has a fever, but DH just told me he wasnt feeling so well and he doesnt have any sick days left :-(

It like pure evilness. I swaer I cry for my mommy when I puke. I havent done it in 7 years,not even through my 3 pregnancies.

I know this "psycho spaz" problem you speak of. When my kids start puking, I start screaming, "RUN to the bathroom!!!!! NOW!!!!!!" I am terrified they will puke on the furniture or in the bed. And of course, they have before. Blessedly, they are all old enough now to make it to the toilet or trash can, most of the time. And speaking of husbands, after the girls and I had all had it, and were feeling better, Patrick got it on Sunday. The girls and I went on to church, and when we got home, he told me he needed to go to the hospital because he was sure he was going to die. He was serious. I told him we had all lived through it, and to drink some gatorade and go to bed. I was just so over it. He lived, by the way. ;)

Ugh! I feel your pain! My toddler came down with it on our Thanksgiving vacation, including a spectacular episode in the hotel breakfast room. Then we had a five hour train trip home.

Hope everyone is staying hydrated. My little guy wound up in the ER because we just couldn't get enough fluids in him at home.

Oh no!! I hate that. Poor thing.

I know this "psycho spaz" problem you speak of. When my kids start puking, I start screaming, "RUN to the bathroom!!!!! NOW!!!!!!" I am terrified they will puke on the furniture or in the bed. And of course, they have before. Blessedly, they are all old enough now to make it to the toilet or trash can, most of the time. And speaking of husbands, after the girls and I had all had it, and were feeling better, Patrick got it on Sunday. The girls and I went on to church, and when we got home, he told me he needed to go to the hospital because he was sure he was going to die. He was serious. I told him we had all lived through it, and to drink some gatorade and go to bed. I was just so over it. He lived, by the way. ;)

Yes, then I feel SO bad because they think I am yelling at them, when I am actually yelling at the puke :tongue_smilie:My DD8 made me a little angry though because she was sitting right next to a bucket and totally barfed all over my carpet and chair :glare: My 4 yr old did an excellent job of making it to the bucket, but my 2 year old puked all over my moms van, her couch and chair, my van, my chair, the kitchen table, my stack of unread magazines.....you name it.

And :lol: on your husband. Mine is being a big old baby and hasnt gotten out of the chair since he got off of work. I on the other hand have felt like death and have had to clean puke, shampoo caprets, bathe kids, feed a million animals, do dinner for the 2 that are OK (UGH food) all the while running to the bathroom thinking I am gonna be sick..........men