Menu

Nancy Drew PC games ?

I am looking on Amazon and there are a ton to choose from -- which ones do you/your dc like best? The computer that dd will probably be playing on uses Windows 2000, so it does look like a few newer titles wouldn't be compatible. On the other hand, the prices seem really great on several titles. Suggestions?

We enjoy Nancy Drew!

They are tough!! The puzzles are fun, and you really do have to put some thought into it!

We have done:

Danger by Design (my girls giggle thru this one)

Creature of Kapu Cave (really liked that one)

Secrets could Kill

Phantom of Venice (my personal fav)

The White Wolf of Icicle Creek - this is scary

Haunted Carousel - fun music puzzles

The Dogs of Moonlight Bay (I think that is it, scared my kids to pieces when the dogs come out) My kids are not easily scared, but this one really got them!

I think a lot of them are at Wal-mart in bundles 2 games for $10

How easily do your girls get scared? We LOVE all our Nancy Drew PC games, but some have more frightening themes than others. My personal favorites are: Treasure in the Royal Tower, Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake, White Wolf of Icicle Creek, Message in the Haunted Mansion, and especially Secret of the Old Clock.

Do know that in each and every one the villian comes to kill Nancy at the end. With a menacing face and weapon in hand. They usually imprison her somewhere and you have to figure out how to get her free before time expires....or else Nancy expires. :D You can always repeat the scene over and over again until you get it right, but it does freak some kids out. There are also scary sounds, threatening messages, "bad" things happening (dogs coming to attack her, ghosts floating around, mysterious fires being set and trapping her), and all sorts of other fun mystery stuff. We love it, but some kids do get freaked out, because the graphics are so realistic.

There are numerous puzzles to solve throughout the games....and the difficulty level is HIGH. We often have to go to the message board on HerInteractive for hints or else look up a walk-through to even figure out how to solve the darn things.

Having said all that, they are FUN games! They're also educational. Each one has a different "theme", so to speak, and my dd has learned about subjects ranging from Prohibition and life in the 1920s to Mayan culture and artifacts. If your kids aren't easily frightened and your willing to help them through some of the more difficult aspects of the game, I think you'd enjoy them!

I am looking on Amazon and there are a ton to choose from -- which ones do you/your dc like best? The computer that dd will probably be playing on uses Windows 2000, so it does look like a few newer titles wouldn't be compatible. On the other hand, the prices seem really great on several titles. Suggestions?

Look for bundles or multi-packs. If you can find compatible ones in a bundle you can save a bundle (of $$$ :lol:)

Here is a great resource if you are stuck!

Nancy Drew message boards