Menu

Seasons of Joy

RainbowSprinkles

I have all four seasons and the Advent supplement. I personally love it, though I chose to use a Waldorf approach for my littles and have used Seasons of Joy in tandem with Little Acorn Learning.

SoJ isn't a slick, professionally produced curriculum, it is produced by a mom and some of the music and finger rhymes are hand written. It is NOT open and go, she gives you loads of ideas and activities and then you have to set up your own calendar and choose what you would like to do when.

I think it is only $10 per season so it is really well worth the price. We have been using Autumn and I think it is about 75 printed pages of material, though there are images, bars of music and that sort of thing that stretch out the material (though it is all great stuff!) so it isn't like it is 75 densely written pages.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! What kind of materials should I have on hand? I would like to start with the Winter one.

QUOTE=jbeg0508;2220030]I have all four seasons and the Advent supplement. I personally love it, though I chose to use a Waldorf approach for my littles and have used Seasons of Joy in tandem with Little Acorn Learning.

SoJ isn't a slick, professionally produced curriculum, it is produced by a mom and some of the music and finger rhymes are hand written. It is NOT open and go, she gives you loads of ideas and activities and then you have to set up your own calendar and choose what you would like to do when.

I think it is only $10 per season so it is really well worth the price. We have been using Autumn and I think it is about 75 printed pages of material, though there are images, bars of music and that sort of thing that stretch out the material (though it is all great stuff!) so it isn't like it is 75 densely written pages.

Hope that helps!

Mostly things you probably already have around like yarn, watercolors, that sort of thing. There are some projects that require common Waldorf craft materials like wool, embroidery floss and tapestry needles for making dolls or modeling beeswax and things like that. But I usually choose the less involved projects and use crayola supplies rather than expensive Stockmar things. There are plenty of things to do that require almost nothing, like the finger rhymes and songs. There are some yummy seasonal recipes within the curriculum too that generally require common ingredients.

HTH!

Mostly things you probably already have around like yarn, watercolors, that sort of thing. There are some projects that require common Waldorf craft materials like wool, embroidery floss and tapestry needles for making dolls or modeling beeswax and things like that. But I usually choose the less involved projects and use crayola supplies rather than expensive Stockmar things. There are plenty of things to do that require almost nothing, like the finger rhymes and songs. There are some yummy seasonal recipes within the curriculum too that generally require common ingredients.

HTH!

Thank you!!

I have mine here. THere are 5 circle time 'themes' for the winter. I think the idea is that each one last two weeks. There are 5 stories to be told. THere are something called story extensions, fingerplays, songs, watercolour stories, baking etc.

It is great for the littles. I don't think my almost 6 year old would be that interested in doing only that

I liked the ideas. I did. But most of it is stuff that you already know. For example, the recipes are for things like cocoa and corn muffins and many of the games are common childhood games like simon says.

But, it is nice to have it all in one place and it is only 15$. Some of the crafts were beyond poor me, lol. I am not making a doorway puppet theater any time soon.

I was on her yahoo group years ago but I think she stopped homeschooling and the group peetered out.

I was on her yahoo group years ago but I think she stopped homeschooling and the group peetered out.

I am pretty sure she is still homeschooling. I have been on a forum with her for nearly 6 years. She is a sweet woman and I consider her a friend. :)

I have all 4 season books and enjoy them. They take out the work of me gathering all the info in one place. Makes it easy. My littles love the stories and songs.

She has been a great inspiration to me, as we are a Christian family that is using many Waldorf methods.

Honestly, very worth the money! :)

Enjoy!