Menu

I'm going back to work!

Today I accepted a part-time position as an acupuncturist in a nearby clinic. It's been some time since I've practiced, but I think I can handle one day a week--my hours are whatever I want, basically, and the pay is pretty good. I think I'll work from 1-7 one day a week, and see how it goes.

It'll be good to get back to treating patients, and I'm grateful to be able to 'keep my hand in it' so when my kids are older, I can work a bit more And the money won't hurt......maybe I can afford MCT after all LOL.

You know what? I'm jealous... I've been wanting to get back to work for a while, and not entirely sure how to go about it.

My credentials are shot, I used to be a software engineer, but 10 years in this business is way too much of a break. I'm now useless in that field.

Good thing for you to keep on working! :grouphug:

You know what? I'm jealous... I've been wanting to get back to work for a while, and not entirely sure how to go about it.

My credentials are shot, I used to be a software engineer, but 10 years in this business is way too much of a break. I'm now useless in that field.

Good thing for you to keep on working! :grouphug:

Well, it wasn't easy, let me tell you. I haven't been practicing for a few years, and my license had lapsed, and my certification had lapsed; it took a fair amount of work to get everything back in order. And I was afraid to go back to work--well, I still am. Having been 'at home' for quite a few years makes the transition back challenging (heck, I haven't even started work yet, and I find it challenging LOL).

Good luck to you, whatever avenue you decide to pursue.

Today I accepted a part-time position as an acupuncturist in a nearby clinic. It's been some time since I've practiced, but I think I can handle one day a week--my hours are whatever I want, basically, and the pay is pretty good. I think I'll work from 1-7 one day a week, and see how it goes.

It'll be good to get back to treating patients, and I'm grateful to be able to 'keep my hand in it' so when my kids are older, I can work a bit more And the money won't hurt......maybe I can afford MCT after all LOL.

Good for you. You'll get to be at work a few hours each work but still be home much of the time to take care of the kiddos.

CoGraTuLaTioNs :party: