Menu

Living Books Curriculum guide?

Mommamia

I have the kindergarten guide. I like it but it was not nearly challenging enough for my DD. I am happy I have it because I was afraid to plan my own curriculum. I kind of used the guide to reassure myself that I am on the right track.

I can say that the Nature notebook guide in the teacher Manual was my favorite part.

Guest mrsjamiesouth

I have the pdf versions of Grade 1,5 and 6.

I like the Nature Journal as well, but I don't like how vague nature study is in the TM. The Guide is split up into 8 week terms, with week 9 being a flex-week in which you review all materials you have learned.

Term 1 you are supposed to study Insects and Habitats using The Handbook of Nature Study. They recommend doing Nature Study on Wednesdays. That is all the instruction you get for Nature study. It is up to you to find the resources and plan it.

The same thing happens a little with history and read alouds. They tell you you are going to read it for a # of weeks and it is up to you to decide how and when.

I like the book choices.