Menu

classics on audio for free

sditz1

Have you checked your local library? Our library has hundreds of audiobooks available for loan, either through downloads from the main library site or actual cassettes & CD's. They've even started having MP3 players available for loan, with books already downloaded on them. Pretty neat, huh? :001_smile:

If you don't see the iTunes U tab in your iTunes Store, it may be because you haven't updated to the latest version. Be sure to do that!

On iTunes U, search for University of South Florida and click their Literature section -- there are a ton of audio books there. :)

iTunesU have *heaps*.

Miranda

"Heaps" is right! I'll be spending a lot of time here tonight. :D

How do you access these? I have limited knowledge of the itunes store! :confused:

I'm not sure if this depends on what version of iTunes you have, but there is an iTunes U link at the bottom of the home screen, under Explore. Scroll down through the sections of featured items. I think you can click any of them. I clicked Language. Then click Literature from the list of Categories on the left. I see Huck Finn, Wuthering Heights, and A Christmas Carol, to name a few (!!). I'm kind of embarrassed that this is probably not the most efficient way to find them. But I found some good titles and I hope you do, too!

Napster is a subscription service like Netflix, and they have 'heaps' too, including 45 audio books of Jim Weiss. Plus of course it is a really cool service to have to explore different musicians and genres. They have 'heaps' of educational songs too. We pay about $15 a month for the upgraded service which allows us to download content to a max of three mp3 devices. I guess it is cheaper if you just listen online.