Menu

? for those who have had their gall bladder out...

Pata

I'm bringing dinner to a friend the day she is having her gall bladder removed. Mainly I'm bringing food for her family (hot dogs for the kids, Tuscan Turkey, Squash and White Bean Soup for her dh, plus biscuits and salad for everyone). I'd like to include something that she will be able to eat and a dessert for everyone. Any suggestions??

My sister just had hers out last week. You are sweet to bring your friend and her family a meal!

My sister was pretty uncomfortable and not up to eating much of anything. She did have to eat, though, when she took her meds, and her dh made a bunch of different things for her that were easy to grab and eat in the middle of the night when she needed more med. Her favorites were oatmeal, chicken noodle soup and a big batch of muffins. Her dr told her to be very careful what she eats for the next month or so, so I know she isn't planning on having any dessert for a while. :) Your friend's instructions might be different, though.

Hope this helps, and that your friend recovers quickly.