Menu

What do you clean your dry-erase boards with?

FaithManor

Dh and I have a 4 x8 ft sheet of high gloss bathroom board on a wall of our dining room. He uses this for teaching his 4-H club. The build up is getting a bit out of hand and we really need to give it a "down to the white" cleaning.

Does anyone have success really thoroughly cleaning your white boards and what do you use if you do?

Thanks,

Faith

Guest Cheryl in SoCal

I use whiteboard cleaner. Mine's been up for at least 7 years and still looks new. I think that the Mr Clean Magic Eraser will scratch it, making the build-up come back worse.

you can buy high gloss bathroom board and use it as a whiteboard? is it much cheaper? that would be so cool if we could get a big huge whiteboard!!!

OOOOHH yeah! It's about 8x4 and costs less than $15 at home stores (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). The edges are sometimes a little rough, but you can just put bulletin board border around it and it covers it nicely. I'm getting mine next year, if we homeschool.

OP, don't use magic eraser because it IS an abrasive and will scratch your board. The vinegar or rubbing alcohol followed by WD-40 is definitely the way to go, imo. You don't want to rub the finish off when cleaning or you won't be able to keep it ghost-free later.

OOOOHH yeah! It's about 8x4 and costs less than $15 at home stores (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.). The edges are sometimes a little rough, but you can just put bulletin board border around it and it covers it nicely. I'm getting mine next year, if we homeschool.

OP, don't use magic eraser because it IS an abrasive and will scratch your board. The vinegar or rubbing alcohol followed by WD-40 is definitely the way to go, imo. You don't want to rub the finish off when cleaning or you won't be able to keep it ghost-free later.

I can't believe how excited I am about this whiteboard information! It show go under that file "you know you're a homeschooler when..."

I can't believe how excited I am about this whiteboard information! It show go under that file "you know you're a homeschooler when..."

:iagree:I know, I am glad to hear about this, too! The cost of a regular dry erase board is prohibitive, it's nice to know about a cheaper alternative.