Menu

I think sis is in court right now

Praying here. Think of my sis at the end of the week. On Friday, she'll be going through her first court hearing to dissolve her marriage to the lieing, cheating, thieving, sociopathic, PTSD, criminal mind she was unfortunately united with for 2.5 years.

I know exactly what you are going through....I'll pray for you and your sis.

Faith

Edited by FaithManor

Praying here. Think of my sis at the end of the week. On Friday, she'll be going through her first court hearing to dissolve her marriage to the lieing, cheating, thieving, sociopathic, PTSD, criminal mind she was unfortunately united with for 2.5 years.

I know exactly what you are going through....I'll pray for you and your sis.

Faith

Will pray for your sister, and you too.

Just talked to dad and they are still going. Bad news is the judge is not going to talk to the girls. They want to go with mom and say "Dad doesn't get us where we're supposed to be, and doesn't feed us."

Just a thought....I know someone who fell afoul of a judge who insisted she stay near him, despite the poor environment for her schooling, work, extended family connections, etc. The family had some money, and bought the jerk off. They paid off his land, and he left everyone alone for ever after.

Just a thought....I know someone who fell afoul of a judge who insisted she stay near him, despite the poor environment for her schooling, work, extended family connections, etc. The family had some money, and bought the jerk off. They paid off his land, and he left everyone alone for ever after.

Even if this jerk needed the money, which he doesn't, he wouldn't be bought off. He's into this to torment sister, plain and simple. I haven't gone into it here on a public board, but stories about him would curl your hair. He's not right in the head.

Just talked to dad and they are still going. Bad news is the judge is not going to talk to the girls. They want to go with mom and say "Dad doesn't get us where we're supposed to be, and doesn't feed us."

Praying.

Maybe he isn't going to talk to the girls b/c he knows already what they are going to say and he's already taking it into account.

I've been in court for this stuff -- hate it.

Praying.:grouphug:

Even if this jerk needed the money, which he doesn't, he wouldn't be bought off. He's into this to torment sister, plain and simple. I haven't gone into it here on a public board, but stories about him would curl your hair. He's not right in the head.

Ugh, that is reprehensible.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Remudamom, I sooooooooooo believe you. My sister found out her stbxh kept a mistress in an apartment and paid that woman's bills the entire time they were married. This woman is a real hussey and he was trying to get custody of his kids so he wouldn't have to pay child support and she would have looked VERY bad to the judge. His ex is as evil as he is but he played a good con, courted my sister (in all of the conventional, traditional, gentlemanly aspects of that term), and my sister made him look like a wonderful family man. As soon as he got custody (January 2010) and stopped paying child support, he retained a divorce attorney.

I won't regale you with everything that has come to light. I have a feeling that when the divorce is over he may end up doing some time in jail if he doesn't stop trying to torture my sister and she tells them about the money he earned (cash payments under the table before they were married) and didn't report to the IRS...this amongst other things - she's been holding off on this because she thinks he's capable of stalking and violence and just wants to be free of him, hang the law. HE EVEN SUED HER FOR CHILD SUPPORT OF HIS KIDS! They were married only 2.5 years and his kids only lived with them 40% of the time before that...they are 12 and 16...she is so not their "psychological mother" - his claim.

I have dreams sometimes of driving to his home and trashing his precious blue mustang, an object he appears to love more than human beings! Believe me, first I dream of taking a ball bat to his car and then I get really disturbed and start thinking about that bat upside his head! It's not healthy so I'm trying to focus my energies in other ways this week.

Let's hope your sis' ex and my sis' ex have an intimate experience with lightening bolts soon!

Faith

I get it. My ex was the same. I ran with a 6 mth old baby in my arms. I had him charged. I told every person of authority that if granted visitation, he would kill the baby or at the very least, not return him and run if he had the chance, just to get back at me for having the audacity of leaving him.

Even in court, I sat in the back row...he was in the front, and twisted around, staring at me the entire time, giving the judge his back. Even his attorney couldn't get him to face forward.

Praying for your sister. May the judge have the wisdom to see the truth, and do what is best for your sister and her children.

ETA: the reason I ran was b/c he threatened to kill the baby and make me watch before killing me too.

Edited by Impish

He's into this to torment sister, plain and simple.

Good. If it isn't because of a jerk who is extraordinarily fond of his kids, hopefully he will tire of them, and let the decree requirements slip further and further. I have seen this happen, too.

With any luck at all, he'll remarry someone who doesn't want the kids around at all.

Keep us posted.

I agree! I think that my sister's s.o.b. stbxh could go on forever. But, I do think that many sociopaths are caught because the longer they go and the more people they sucker, the cockier they get.

In my sister's case, I truly believe it is only a matter of time before he's caught. The military already is on to him and is giving him a military "medical discharge" for PTSD but there is another diagnosis, much more disturbing, attached to that. Sis has seen the paperwork but her lawyer has not been able to successfully supenea his medical records. Apparently, the military has sealed them from the civil court due to the possibility of choosing to prosecute him in the future for something or other. Plus, he's got top flight security clearance and we've suspected that he knows some things they don't want him to talk about on the record. But, I still think he will eventually get his up-n-comings because he is leaving quite a wake of victims and it's hard to imagine that at some point, some law enforcement official/judge won't go, "Whoa....too many coincidences...there can't be this many people who are all crazy liars and he's NORMAL!"

My worst fear is that he will kill his oldest daughter. Sis witnessed an event just prior to her leaving which made her question whether or not the girls were safe in his care. But, he'd already filed for divorce and so when she tried to report it, she was told they weren't going to investigate because clearly she was trying to get revenge on him for filing divorce. Her lawyer told her nothing she says that indicates his mental state, potential to do harm, or even illegal activity will be taken with a grain of salt because the judge will assume she's just trying to get back at him. That means that these two children will be left in his care and very likely suffer irreparable harm. But there is nothing sis can do about it. Our goal is for her to get out of this marriage with her life intact. She'd like some money because he really messed up her financial future but we told her she needs to get it settled as quickly as possible and get out of that state. We are far enough away that hopefully he'll stay put and not try to stalk her up here.

I am THANKFUL TO GOD EVERYDAY that did not have a child together.

Faith

The judge says he has to think it over. Family doesn't think it looks good. Judge said he doesn't like to change schools on kids in the middle of the year.

I'm so pissed. If she can't move with the kids she is going to be on welfare, homeless, bankrupt, you name it. I don't think she'll consider letting him keep them even the few months that it will take for school to be over for the year. If she turns down this job she'll likely never get another like it.

Well, if he has to "think it over," perhaps he's actually considering her side.

Or else he's creating a window of opportunity for a "kalanamak-noted" approach by one of the parties...:glare:

I am so sorry for such a messy, messy day for your poor sister.

:grouphug:to you, remuda.

Oh no, this doesn't sound good at all.

I don't understand why the judge didn't want to speak with the kids. That seems so unfair. I know a lot of parents coach their kids, but I would think that most judges would be able to see through that sort of thing and know if a child is being sincere.

Praying that the judge was just having a bad day and will be more sympathetic toward your sister after he's had a chance to think things over.

At least he's taking time to think about it, instead of making a quick judgement (which doesn't sound like it would have gone in your sister's favor this afternoon.)

Cat

PS. Can she appeal the decision if it doesn't go her way?

(((HUGS)))

I swear, some judges are morons! We've got one in the area that thinks it's smart to award the house to the kids and make the parents come and go on a six month basis. No joke, how the heck are they supposed to maintain another residence for only six months of the year and then make the house payment and the house's up keep for the other six??? It defies logic. But, he does this and so what ends up happening is that the couple magically "reconciles". The only problem with this reconciliation is that several women have stayed in very bad situations because there is no way out until the last child is 18.

GRRRRRRRRRR.........)(*&^%$^&*()

Faith