Jump to content


Dogs/Snow/Stray Voltage danger

Recommended Posts

We had snow last week, and I just read a very sad story about a family who lost their dog to electrocution. While they were out walking the dog stepped on an electric plate and the salt on the sidewalk made the slush a better conductor for the stray voltage coming from a nearby streetlight. Other metal objects like manhole covers could be potential problems as well.

Here's some info. about stray voltage and pets:


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...