Menu

Lesson Plans

Guest hsmilw

WTT mind does list lesson plans for a 2nd grader studying the Medieval/Early Ren and Astronomy but what if I need to have my 2nd grader study the Ancients and Physics along with my 3rd grader next year? I have children in 7th, 3rd, and 1st grade this year and am trying to plan out next year so that they are not all doing different stages of history and topics in science. I'm the type that needs lesson plans and feel more comfortable having them laid out for the grade they are in.

My 1st and 3rd grader are doing Ancients. I wanted to start at the beginning of the rotation. For Science-we use Elemental Science. Both of my kids are studying biology, but my older child also uses books that are at her reading level to do more of an in depth study. These books are listed in the ES Biology TM.

I use the WTM recommendations for how many times a week my kids do certain subjects and an average time they spend on them.

I purchased main schedules from Easy Classical in order to have some sort of layout. I did use some of their curriculum suggestions, which meant I didn't have to schedule everything. I just cross out and write in the curricula we do use and put in the page #'s/lesson #'s. Doing this has allowed me a jumping point and I find it easier take on more independence when creating a weekly plan for us.

Elemental Science is a 5 day a week program and the TM has the schedule in it-very easy to implement with multiple children.

We do History reading 2x a week-M&W. We also do maps and coloring pages during/after the reading. Tues and Thurs we read Lit. suggestions, do things from the activity guide and/or work on a History Pockets. Friday we review.

You can easily combine your 2nd and 3rd grader. I'm sure others will have great suggestions:)

WTT mind does list lesson plans for a 2nd grader studying the Medieval/Early Ren and Astronomy but what if I need to have my 2nd grader study the Ancients and Physics along with my 3rd grader next year? I have children in 7th, 3rd, and 1st grade this year and am trying to plan out next year so that they are not all doing different stages of history and topics in science. I'm the type that needs lesson plans and feel more comfortable having them laid out for the grade they are in.

I'm doing ancients/middle ages with my 3/6/7 graders.

For the older kids, this marks a change to more outlining and more paragraph writing. I made up a page that had the directions from the 5th grade level (ability/experience with this technique) but that had the list of figures to know from late ancients.

Think of it as having two columns. One is for the subject matter (historical period or science topic) and the other is for how you want them to handle it (read with you or read and outline or read and report, etc).