Menu

I can't believe I just did it.....

You know that big, nationally-televised dog show that is broadcast live every year in February? The one at Madison Square Garden in New York City?

the WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW???

I clicked "Submit" on Molly's entry. :scared:

Yesterday she took another 5 point major on her dog, which clinched the invitation to this prestigious show. This is the big leagues, and my 13 year old and her 4-H project dog are going to The Show. We're pretty excited but nervous, too. This is the realm of professional handlers, and the idea that my kid will be in there runnin' with the big dogs, with a dog she has trained, shown and loved herself makes me blanch. But we're going.

Molly's gotten her this far on her own, and the two should go into the ring together. They're a team, and we're so proud of them both.

Watch for us in February!

astrid

Leonberger. It's new to the AKC this year, so even if we don't win Best of Breed and go into the Group (primetime) telecast, there will likely be some of those between-commercial info spots in the benching area.

I'll post more when I know the details.

astrid

You know that big, nationally-televised dog show that is broadcast live every year in February? The one at Madison Square Garden in New York City?

the WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW???

I clicked "Submit" on Molly's entry. :scared:

Yesterday she took another 5 point major on her dog, which clinched the invitation to this prestigious show. This is the big leagues, and my 13 year old and her 4-H project dog are going to The Show. We're pretty excited but nervous, too. This is the realm of professional handlers, and the idea that my kid will be in there runnin' with the big dogs, with a dog she has trained, shown and loved herself makes me blanch. But we're going.

Molly's gotten her this far on her own, and the two should go into the ring together. They're a team, and we're so proud of them both.

Watch for us in February!

astrid

Oh my! That makes me so giddy for Molly! What a wonderful opportunity!