Menu

Catwoman, otherlinda, remudamom and other cat enthusiasts...help!

Remember my kitty story? Even with my repeated efforts of trying to get these people to be more responsible for the kittens and mother, and apparently failing, early this morning we found out on our patio the mother and four kittens. Two days ago one kitten showed up so we adopted her and have kept her inside. (These people say they are allergic to cats, need to get rid of them; then said they knew people that wanted them. I would assume with the same amount of accountability and responsibility as what they have shown).:mad:

The (former) owners say the kittens are 5 weeks old. I say they are all undernourished.

We are getting ready to go away for a long weekend. I understand our local shelter is a "one week probationary" type of shelter, then animals are euthanized if no one adopts them in that amount of time.

I think the mother is pregnant again. Is it possible again so soon? Her tummy feels hard and is sticking out. She can't be spayed until she has been free of nursing kittens for three weeks, I was told by the spay clinic.

Help. Anybody want a kitten?

A friend said she can help with some of the shots. I really don't know much about cats and I don't know what to do with all these kittens.:confused:.

People like that make me crazy.:cursing:

Cats will get pregnant while they are still nursing, so yes, your momcat could be pregnant.

Is there another spay clinic? Because I gotta tell you that the possibility of an outdoor cat being nursing-free for three weeks is just about nil. We had out cat spayed the day her kittens were 6 weeks old and everyone was fine. See if you can find another clinic that will spay your kitty.

Do you know how creepy it makes me feel to consider that spay clinics do spay when mother is pregnant?, they charge extra.:(

Quote from my sister regarding the previous owners: "You can't fix stupidity."

Ellie, if you were within 1 hour of me I'd bring you a pretty little orange tom kitten, or two.:)

Or the lovely mother who looks a little Siamese-ish.

Is there another spay clinic? Because I gotta tell you that the possibility of an outdoor cat being nursing-free for three weeks is just about nil.

That is so true.

Ask me how I know. :glare:

Are there any no-kill shelters in your area, or perhaps an animal rescue group that could help you?

I hate irresponsible pet owners! :cursing:

Cat

That is so true.

Ask me how I know. :glare:

Are there any no-kill shelters in your area, or perhaps an animal rescue group that could help you?

I hate irresponsible pet owners! :cursing:

Cat

That is just wrong, being an outdoor cat and nurse free for three weeks is impossible. Grrr.

Okay! When the woman said "we've had her for one year" (and this is the third litter) and the cat is probably only about 18 months old.

I will look into an animal rescue group. There is a no-kill shelter a little over an hour away. I hope they will take the mother and babies together, they are still suckling but eat kibble and drink water.

We are spoiling this little fur ball we adopted, giving her kmr with an glass dropper.

Irresponsible pet owners are as plentiful as white pick up trucks around here, they are everywhere.

I hope the shelter can help you.

I remember bottle-feeding one of our cats when he was about 4 weeks old, and it was the cutest thing. He was wild and vicious at first (I believe the word my mother used was, "demented,") but I loved him anyway. We bought kitten formula at the pet store and he couldn't wait to get it.

The vet said that because he was ill and the runt of the litter when we found him, and because he'd needed some emergency surgery, he would probably never grow to his full size. Dh and I used to wonder what size he would have been, since he ended up weighing close to 30 pounds of solid muscle. :tongue_smilie: Maybe there was something in that kitten formula... ;)

He died several years ago, but I still miss my Max.

Cat

That is maddening. We were fortunate enough to find a vet who greatly reduced the cost of spaying for us.

Did you have a lot of kit cats to be spayed at various times, Remudamom? I know people here just drop cats off anywhere, dogs too.

Well, the chickens sent the son over to get the cats and he did ask which ones we wanted, so at least two will survive. I wasn't home. Dh told the boy he didn't know how they were going to keep them "home" since they won't keep them inside. The kittens had to cross a two lane 55 mph country road to get here, about a third of a mile.

The first kitten that followed mom over is smaller than the rest and a total fluff ball. The other the girls chose is calico and not as aggressive as any of the others were. At least they will keep each other busy.:lol:

It's like having a baby all over again.:001_rolleyes: