Menu

Shameless brag: ER's professor returned his most recent paper with this note attached

ER wrote a 10-page paper for his music history class, and after grading it, his professor returned it to him with this note attached (copied and pasted here from the actual e-mail sent by the professor):

[ER]: Your writing is a pleasure to read. You have a personal voice already established, and you understand how to organize your thoughts in a logical fashion. Perhaps you do not realize just how rare this quality is.

Grade: A

ER e-mailed me a copy of the paper and the attached comment. I am ecstatic! :hurray:

ER wrote a 10-page paper for his music history class, and after grading it, his professor returned it to him with this note attached (copied and pasted here from the actual e-mail sent by the professor):

[ER]: Your writing is a pleasure to read. You have a personal voice already established, and you understand how to organize your thoughts in a logical fashion. Perhaps you do not realize just how rare this quality is.

ER e-mailed me a copy of the paper and the attached comment. I am ecstatic! :hurray:

Oh, how we mommas need to hear that type of validation once in a while :001_smile: Congratulations to both of you! It's so good to hear success stories.

That's beautiful! Congratulations. Good job, Mom!

Wow! Congratulations to both of you.

Would you say that writing is one of your ds's strengths and/or natural abilities? Would you share what you used through the years for writing?

Thanks!

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2216374#post2216374:

I must admit that he is somewhat a natural writer. We dabbled with creative writing assignments here and there when he was young. In 6th-8th grades, we did a few writing lessons from Write Source 2000 and Learn to Write the Novel Way, but not much because he found them uninspiring. In 9th grade, we did a little bit with some of the IEW assignments in TRISMS, but he didn't like that either. We didn't really go through a writing program 10th grade, when he did Wordsmith. He didn't like that either, but I insisted. ;) In 11th grade, he did Format Writing, which he actually seemed to almost enjoy. In 12th grade, he did a lot of ACT/SAT essay practice using lessons I found online, and he also took a co-op class in which he learned to write a research paper. During the summer before his freshman year of college, he took CLEP tests and earned college credit for College Writing 1/English 101 and College Writing 2/English 102.