Menu

Do your girls love Playmobil?

My dd loved the Victorian dollhouse and all the corresponding sets. She also played with the animals and knights, pirates and Indian/cowboy sets. All my dc played with Playmobile almost daily. There were some amusing conflicts when knights or Indians attacked the dollhouse :lol: and dd was not pleased...

My sons adored it when they were younger. They actually kept a couple of things though they never play with it. I'm considering giving the Magic Castle to my daughter for her 5th birthday. I wonder if Playmobil will be as big of a hit with her as it was with her brothers.

You might want to snag some of the Mermaid collection for future holidays. I think that sets that have lots of female figures are few and far between. I wish that they would think about this and have a set per theme that was girl heavy.

My oldest dd loved, loved, loved Playmobil knights & castles. When I found a siege tower on sale for her, she was in bliss. Her grandma was a little off-put by her liking for large-scale military violence and bought her the hospital room set for playing nurse. She turned it into a field hospital to get the wounded knights back into battle.

My oldest dd loved, loved, loved Playmobil knights & castles. When I found a siege tower on sale for her, she was in bliss. Her grandma was a little off-put by her liking for large-scale military violence and bought her the hospital room set for playing nurse. She turned it into a field hospital to get the wounded knights back into battle.

That made me smile! :001_smile:

While my boys had zero interest in Playmobil (Lego has been there first and only love), my daughters only like playmobil (and would happily dispose of all the lego pieces). So it works out well, the legos stay in the boys room and the playmobil stays in the girls room.

As far as what they like/have. They have one of the ranger sets (the big lodge), the have the camper and the tent from the leisure theme, almost all the room sets from the dollhouse (but not the dollhouse because it is so expensive and we have plenty of other dollhouses that they are happy to use for the playmobil), lots of the people sets (they like people more than any other type of piece), they occassionally play with the airplane (that is one of the boys but he has no use for it so he gave it to them), and for Christmas they are getting most of the school themed stuff (I got to do shopping for both grandma's so we will be inundated with playmobil but the girls will be thrilled).

My oldest dd would very much like some of the fairy/mermaid stuff but we don't do fantasy stuff in our house so she won't be getting those.

All three of my dds love, love, love Playmobil. They still play with it often and the older two are 12yo.

They have many pieces from the Fairy Tale Castle series (and some extra knights), Farm and Pet series, Rescue (Poilce/Fire/Ambulance etc.) series. I have never bought them any "buildings" as they take up lots of space and imho limit creativity and using them as different things than intended.

A while ago they painted a bunch of the hair red to make a Weasley family for playing Harry Potter with the Playmobil. We've been watching a bit too much scifi lately, and now they have mash-ups of Harry Potter/Star Trek/Stargate. Many of the pieces have dual or triple character duty. :tongue_smilie:

My dd6 likes her playmobil quite a bit, as do many of her friends that come over. She has the nativity, some hospital room stuff, one Egyptian set, and and Indian set. For Christmas she is getting the pyramid, which I hope will encourage greater play with the Egyptian set. Based on an earlier recommendation here I purchased at http://www.ridgeroadstation.com/. Through today, I think, they have 10% off already good prices with a coupon code listed on the homepage, and free shipping. If you scroll down to the bottom, they have a few items for 40% off. I was pretty excited a couple nights ago about my savings.

I played with playmobil when I was a little girl. I grew up with three brothers. I loved playmobil. Strangely, I did not think my dd would like playmobil. But that's because she's not really into toys. She's more into arts and crafts. That said, my ds is getting a playmobil set for Chrsitmas this year and if she takes a liking to it, I would happily buy her her own set.

I'm so glad to read that many little girls love Playmobil! I am getting her the magic castle and some things to go with it. She will need some knights and a dragon too. She loves knights and wants to be a princess knight when she grows up.

I am considering have her birthday at the Playmobil castle Fun Park. My sons loved going there when they were little. It may be a fun party. :)

Judging from the state of my girlies' room right now, playmobil rules. There are elaborate set ups from one side to the other! They like both the "girl" sets and all the history sets. Anything playmobil is highly coveted in this house. It's especially sweet when ds 12 gets out his sets (carefully hoarded in his room) and plays with the girls.

My dd6 likes her playmobil quite a bit, as do many of her friends that come over. She has the nativity, some hospital room stuff, one Egyptian set, and and Indian set. For Christmas she is getting the pyramid, which I hope will encourage greater play with the Egyptian set. Based on an earlier recommendation here I purchased at http://www.ridgeroadstation.com/. Through today, I think, they have 10% off already good prices with a coupon code listed on the homepage, and free shipping. If you scroll down to the bottom, they have a few items for 40% off. I was pretty excited a couple nights ago about my savings.

Thanks for posting this!!!! We're getting the Pyramid this year, and the Sphinx too. This discount really helps!!