Menu

online English program

mommyoftwinboys

I'm looking at Greg Landry's online English 101 for 4th grade next year(along with a science class) but it's really, really expensive(around $600 per student, per year) I have two students. I'm interested because I'll have a new baby and really want the boys to have the same level of education next year but I need to be able to be a little less teacher intensive on my part. Do you know of another GREAT program that I could look at that encompasses english(Grammar, spelling writing) that is cheaper? My husband said we could pick one for the boys(meaning science or English from is academy and I'm leaning toward science since that is what he is known for) I just need to find another English program then...any suggestions?

Have you looked at open-enrollment through EPGY? Someone on the accelerated board has created a group for enrollment. I'm not sure exactly how it works b/c I personally don't use anything online prior to high school.

FWIW.......I would suggest seriously reconsidering your options. I have never spent $600 on several yrs of elementary school combined. I would not spend that amt on an elementary level course. Science for that age is simply about exposure and raising awareness/curiosity. Of the 2, I would be far more worried about the quality of English instruction over science.