Menu

Cheap Walmart Vacuums

I've noticed some very inexpensive vacuums at Walmart -- in the $39 range. They are made of cheap plastic, but what I like about them is that they are very light. I have problems with my shoulder and wrist joints and our current vacuum is so heavy, I really have a hard time with it. Does anyone have one of these vacuums? How do you like it? I can't spend much right now on a vacuum.

Thanks!

Lisa

I had one and it broke very easily. I was thinking it would be a good one to let the kids use, but dh broke it the first time he used it trying to use the attachments. The plastic where the hose detaches broke b/c he didn't twist it just right.:glare:

They don't make 'em like they used to....

Mine was like $49 ad I was very skeptical.

It was ok. It needs to be cleaned every time I use it but it was cheap so what did I expect, right? I try to keep the filters like new and the attachments aren't worth much, but it works fine.

Not fantastic, mind you. That filled our requirement at a time my dh wasn't working much.

We have one upstairs and it works great. The dcs bedrooms are upstairs so they use it pretty much exclusively. No problems, though it is our second. However, I would have to say they literally wore the other one out. Not only is is light, but it has a narrow path which makes it easier to get around in their rooms, between the beds and dressers, etc.

I do think you get what you pay for but ours has held up nicely.

I bought a cheapie stick vacuum once because I don't have a lot of carpet. Just area rugs and one room is carpeted. It was awful and couldn't even pick grass shavings up off of the front entrance rugs.. You know the stuff that doesn't shake easily off. It was worth it to go up a model and buy one close to $100. I have had it a couple of years now, with no issues.

I usually buy pretty cheap ones because I have a habit of running over the cords, sucking up things I shouldn't, and forgetting to de-hair the rollers (we 3 girls shed nearly as much as the pets!)

They've always done the job for me, but I do have to say that I find the lighter/cheaper ones *harder* to push and turn than the fancy/expensive ones with better wheels. My current cheepy doesn't have a very long attachment hose, either, so trying to get edges and crevices involves a lot of bending. I am NOT enjoying using this one while pregnant!

All right, thanks! It sounds like there have been more bad than good experiences. I was looking at the Bissell which is on sale right now for $39. What I really want is a backpack vacuum, but I don't have the funds at the moment for that. I think I will wait and see if I can save up for that.

Lisa