Menu

OTC glasses for near sightedness

We recently realized that ds is near sighted and needs glasses. Before we take him to the eye dr and get his "real" glasses (after our vision insurance kicks in), we would like him to start wearing some generic weak glasses so he can get used to wearing them and taking care of them. I stopped by the drug store today but just saw reading glasses there. Do they sell glasses for near-sightedness in a regular store? Where would I find them?

We recently realized that ds is near sighted and needs glasses. Before we take him to the eye dr and get his "real" glasses (after our vision insurance kicks in), we would like him to start wearing some generic weak glasses so he can get used to wearing them and taking care of them. I stopped by the drug store today but just saw reading glasses there. Do they sell glasses for near-sightedness in a regular store? Where would I find them?

I don't know if there is such a thing, but I would advise against it. Without an exam, you have no way of knowing what he needs. Seriously...what would be considered "weak"? Dh has a "weak" prescription compared to mine, but to him it's strong.