Menu

The kids are planning on pulling a fast one..

Every year they sneak our tree out of storage, hide it somewhere convenient, pretend they're going to sleep, then get up around midnight and put it up.

When I come downstairs there's a fully decorated tree waiting for me. They call themselves the Secret Tree Society, or some such silliness. I've heard whisperings all day. This year my new dil is being inducted into the STS too.

Aww... that sounds like such a sweet thing to do. Unless you really, really want to be in on trimming the tree.

Naw, I'm such a laid back, relaxed person I let them do it all. If it doesn't look right I drink more rum.:lol:

Actually I think they call it "Operation Grinch". I'm not asking why.

You know, one of my mom's only Christmas memories from growing up in her very strict, very alcoholic family, was coming home from church one Christmas Eve to find a decorated Christmas tree in her living room. It was magical for her, and she never forgot the kindness of some unknown friend.

You reminded me of that with your post.

I'm glad you let them do that--love the line about the rum! LOL:001_smile:

What a wonderful tradition!!! I love it!!! And I have the fullest appreciation for your rum consumption plan to make the decorating look prettier. ;)

Absolutely. I don't know why people complain about teens.

Total hijack here, but I have to know . . .

What have you done to raise such nice kids? Seriously. I've been reading your threads for years and I'm genuinely curious to know. My own dd is still sweet as can be--and having watched friends' kids erupt into adolescence in the most unattractive way, I feel unbelievably lucky to have such a nice kid myself. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'd really like to have some parenting tips from someone whose done well with it, as you seem to have done.

What a wonderful tradition!!! I love it!!! And I have the fullest appreciation for your rum consumption plan to make the decorating look prettier. ;)

What have you done to raise such nice kids? Seriously. I've been reading your threads for years and I'm genuinely curious to know. My own dd is still sweet as can be--and having watched friends' kids erupt into adolescence in the most unattractive way, I feel unbelievably lucky to have such a nice kid myself. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'd really like to have some parenting tips from someone whose done well with it, as you seem to have done.

What a sweet question! I don't know. I'm just blessed. And they aren't all perfect by any means, but they're good kids generally. One of them thinks he can get married and grow up, and another is soooo much like me that we butt heads sometimes, but you know................it's nothing I did, more to their credit that they survive having me as a mom.

Absolutely. I don't know why people complain about teens.

Because they don't have yours?

:iagree:Please tell me. If its Valium in the water, I'd like to start dosing now. And I do mean for them *or* me.