Menu

Does your 2nd grader play Halo?

Does your 2nd grader play Halo (or similar style/rated games)?  

1. 1. Does your 2nd grader play Halo (or similar style/rated games)?

• Yes and with friends online
    • Yes but not online
    • No but they watch others in the house play and want to too
    • No, those games are not played by or around my 2nd grader
    • Obligatory other

This is a link to Halo

Oh and the poll is blind, so no one knows your vote.

ETA: the link shows references to Call of Duty and Assainins Creed. These second grade boys were bummed that none of these games were available.

Oh good grief!!!!!

CoD and Assassin's Creed are in my house (dh plays them) but ds12 does NOT!!

I've allowed Halo for a few reasons, but I find CoD and Assassin's Creed to be distasteful.

Kris

I voted other because, while none of my children are allowed to play Halo and I certainly prefer that they NOT watch it being played, they have seen it played at the babysitter's house. Believe it or not it was her second grader that was playing it.

I think it's completely inappropriate for that age group. My twelve year old is not allowed to play it, either.

Assassin's Creed 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV multiple times. Younger dd has never completed either one, she never does. Her characters spend alot of time changing clothes, buying things, and just running around,exploring. No one in my house is really into playing games with zombies and monsters though dh plays them once in a while. Most games get traded in eventually but we keep a few that the children like to play more than once. DH and older dd are playing Call of Duty but I don't think it will be a "keeper".

Other. DH and I talked about this today. We decided that there would be no age limit for the kids to play custom games, Forge, or Grifball, as long as they are playing with us. Multiplayer will come sometime later, but we have all non-friends muted anyway. *I* get tired of hearing 8-year-olds talking smack.

Campaign is the most gruesome part of any FPS, not as much in the Halo games (because of the aliens and non-human weapons and stuff) as in games like Call of Duty. We probably won't allow campaign modes until the kids are high school aged. We're a bit odd in that we have no problem with having violent video games in the house, but I refuse to allow the "parents are dumb and siblings are stupid" Disney channel shows. However, anyone that would allow an 8-year-old to play, say, the Modern Warfare 2 campaign needs their head examined.

I don't play, but I've left those decisions to Dad and he says Halo isn't that bad (he's been playing video games since he was a kid), so they all play together.

I asked dh if he would let them play and he said he didn't know because he hasn't seen it. I must be rubbing off on him some!:tongue_smilie:

My younger ones (girls) stay away from the games the older ones (boys)play anyway. Recently I've seen my 14 yob playing this and I flipped. I didn't even know it was in the house. What is the attraction with it? Isn't this like a first person reality game? I hate that crap. Isn't that the kind of stuff the military uses to de-sensitize to combat/killing? I'm just saying.

I voted no. My husband has COD, Halo and other M rated games but he doesn't play them until after our boys are in bed. We have a 2nd grader and a 4th grader but our youngest isn't into gaming at all. We have a Wii and an Xbox 360 but he rarely plays with them. This is actually the first Christmas in awhile that my oldest hasn't even asked for a new game.

I feel super radical. My boys do play Halo. I have watched them play and do not feel it is any different that laser tag.

I am super sensative to violence too, and it does not bother me. (Halo that is)

They also play online but onlly with friends ok'ed by me. Or with adult in room.