Menu

Ebay WWYD?

I bid on and just received a kid's snowsuit. It was described as "used but in very good condition". Well, the zipper is missing two tines so it doesn't zip right and one of the snaps doesn't snap at all.

This isn't quite what I think of as very good condition, but the seller hasn't left me feedback yet and I'm nervous about complaining. I'm not a complainer to begin with.

I CAN fix these issues, but if I wanted a fixit project I'd have just made a snowsuit, KWIM? I don't know what resolution I want. WWYD?

I'm not positive but I didn't think seller was allowed to leave negative feedback anymore. I'm not sure if that policy has changed or not, it's been a year since I've sold. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Most of the time a seller will not pay for return shipping but I think you should ask since it is obviously not in good condition, hopefully they will not have you return it at all and they'll just return the price you paid. Take pics too and offer to email them, they may have honestly overlooked it.

Oh, and they should be worried about YOU leaving negative feedback.

I would take pictures of the broken zipper and send it to the seller along with the email, and ask for a FULL refund. I would also tell them that if they want it returned, they need to include return shipping, since the item was NOT as described. It is NOT usable, as is.

MOST sellers will work with you. It's possibly they just overlooked the problems. If they have good feedback, you shouldn't have a problem. If you paid through paypal, you can work with them if the seller is not cooperative. (So they say, I've never had to go that route.)

I'm not positive but I didn't think seller was allowed to leave negative feedback anymore. I'm not sure if that policy has changed or not, it's been a year since I've sold. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Most of the time a seller will not pay for return shipping but I think you should ask since it is obviously not in good condition, hopefully they will not have you return it at all and they'll just return the price you paid. Take pics too and offer to email them, they may have honestly overlooked it.

Oh, and they should be worried about YOU leaving negative feedback.

I think they should be, too- but I worry about that kind of stuff. It's how I roll. :glare:

I have pics and I'll email them if the seller wants them.

Thanks!

I would take pictures of the broken zipper and send it to the seller along with the email, and ask for a FULL refund. I would also tell them that if they want it returned, they need to include return shipping, since the item was NOT as described. It is NOT usable, as is.

MOST sellers will work with you. It's possibly they just overlooked the problems. If they have good feedback, you shouldn't have a problem. If you paid through paypal, you can work with them if the seller is not cooperative. (So they say, I've never had to go that route.)

I did pay through paypal, good to know! She does have 100% good feedback, so hopefully this gets resolved well!!