Menu

Yay for skip counting songs!

VA6336

We finally got to the multiplication section of Singapore 1B today, and after the first two examples my daughter says "oh, so that's why we learned all those skip counting songs! This is easy!"

Forgive me if I do a little happy dance now. :party:

Where do you find skip counting songs?

Grace'smom nailed it: Classical Conversations. Last year my daughter was just memorizing the songs, really, not doing too much visual correlation (we were still working on double/triple/etc digit number recognition). This year she can visually relate to what she's saying/hearing and now she's starting to understand what she's singing. It's incredible how easy it's made this!

I know there are other math song cds out there, I'm sure someone can chime in with a recommendation. You can, however, purchase the CC audio cds without being a community member. I am SO glad we have sung and memorized those songs!

Yeah for skip counting! We also do the CC songs and my 3 year old sings along, I love it.

We will do SM1B in a couple of months, I have not bought it yet, but have a question if you don't mind me asking. How in depth do they do multiplication? I always thought it did not come until much later, but I saw it in the scope and sequence. We are still working on getting addition and subtraction facts down. Multiplication seems like a huge load to add to that.