Menu

just ordered MFW Ancient History high school

my dd was in public school last year for 9th grade and her class got up to the Civil War so this year I had her continue with Am. history using the 2nd vol. of Notgrass. She will be finished in 3 weeks so I went ahead and ordered the MFW Ancient History which she will start after christmas. There were a couple of books I did not need but it was cheaper to just order the entire package so I just hit the submit button. Now I am excited for the box to come in lol.

We really like AHL! We're in no-man's land because of a 2 week trip we took, our recent winter storm that took out power for 2 days with below freezing temps, etc. Crazy year so far, and not much done this month! So we'll re-evaluate and re-adjust, and will still be fine I think. At any rate, this is a great program and, at least right now, we're planning on going with MFW again next year!

We are in week 11 of Ancient History with MFW. We are just moving from the Egypt era into the Greece era. As I look back, I realize ds learned a surprising amount about life in Egypt through different methods -- textbook, Bible, Pyramids book, read-aloud (woops, it's not really a read-aloud in high school, but we listened to the audio aloud :) ), timeline pieces, writing essays, etc.

We have been reading the complete Bible together as a family. We're in the book of Joshua now. That's been our favorite. My son has also enjoyed the creation apologetics, so to speak.

We had quite a few of the books but got the set, too. I figure that means Marie Hazell has the same taste in books that i do :)

Julie

Edited by Julie in MN