Menu

While we are talking about FLL...

persephone43

how similar are FLL 3 & 4? Do they present the same material? I know we eventually want to move to MCT in a year or two, after he gets the basics down in FLL. I'm hearing that there is much redundancy in 1 & 2 and I don't want to do both 3 & 4 unless there is a necessary progression. What are your thoughts? My son is coming home from ps and is in the 3rd grade but has just turned 10. I have only looked through the samples online. Thanks.

how similar are FLL 3 & 4? Do they present the same material? I know we eventually want to move to MCT in a year or two, after he gets the basics down in FLL. I'm hearing that there is much redundancy in 1 & 2 and I don't want to do both 3 & 4 unless there is a necessary progression. What are your thoughts? My son is coming home from ps and is in the 3rd grade but has just turned 10. I have only looked through the samples online. Thanks.

I am planning on doing them both with my current 1st grader (6yods) who is currently in FLL1. My (9yodd) 4th grader is doing FLL4 right now and it is great, but very thick in content. This is our first year of homeschooling as well, but she has always learned English very easily. If I were you and you wanted to go the FLL route, I would start with FLL3. There are so many skills in FLL that the ps do not teach. I own all 4 levels, though, so PM me if you want me to look for something for you :)

HTH,

Val

I am planning on doing them both with my current 1st grader (6yods) who is currently in FLL1. My (9yodd) 4th grader is doing FLL4 right now and it is great, but very thick in content. This is our first year of homeschooling as well, but she has always learned English very easily. If I were you and you wanted to go the FLL route, I would start with FLL3. There are so many skills in FLL that the ps do not teach. I own all 4 levels, though, so PM me if you want me to look for something for you :)

Thanks Val! I will keep you in mind if I have any specific questions :)

Anyone else?