Menu

Math Mammoth Coupon

MamaJo

I don't post here too much and this info may already be out there but you all were so helpful when I was consider Math Mammoth I wanted to give back a bit.

If you have been considering Math Mammoth, now may be the right time!!!!

If you go to Kagi and enter THANK2010 in as a coupon code (not on the first page) you will get 20% off either the download or CD versions!

Here's the link to the main MM page; I just wanted to clarify that the discount is good on all series, not just the Lt Blue (the link above goes to the Lt Blue page on Kagi). The discount is good until 11/29, and is for CDs/downloads only, not the printed books.

BTW, Maria has posted some new Blue Series books recently, including Integers (the way she explains negative numbers is really excellent, imo) and Probability & Statistics.

Jackie

Here's the link to the main MM page; I just wanted to clarify that the discount is good on all series, not just the Lt Blue (the link above goes to the Lt Blue page on Kagi). The discount is good until 11/29, and is for CDs/downloads only, not the printed books.

BTW, Maria has posted some new Blue Series books recently, including Integers (the way she explains negative numbers is really excellent, imo) and Probability & Statistics.

Jackie

Right. That was just a random link to Kagi and I did say in the OP that it was on CD or download versions. Thanks for the clarification.

If anyone is interested in the printed version of MM from Lulu.com,

Enter coupon code HOLIDAYVIP305 at checkout and receive $20 off your next order of $20 or more.

I bought 2 books and with shipping spent about $11 total.

I'm guessing that's 20% off an order of $20? $20 off a $20 order seems unusually generous. :D

Jackie

Maria stated that 6B would be available soon, possibly even by the end of the sale. Do you know of any updates to that timeline? I'd hate to buy now and then have 6B show up later.

I actually just emailed her about 6B earlier this morning; I'll post if I hear anything back. I noticed that she's posted Probability & Statistics as a Blue book, and I think that was the last chapter in 6B, so I'm hoping it will be released soon!

Jackie

Nope, it's $20 off an order of at least $20, but then you can't use any other codes for shipping (my shipping was around $5). It's a great deal!

I was thinking "why would Maria give the books away for free???" :confused: but I just realized it's a Lulu discount code, not a Math Mammoth one. Which means it's good on anything on Lulu — which is awesome!!! Thanks for posting!

Jackie

Maria stated that 6B would be available soon, possibly even by the end of the sale. Do you know of any updates to that timeline? I'd hate to buy now and then have 6B show up later.

Aaaah! Wish I had read this earlier. I already bought the Light Blue series. (Just under $95 to download the whole thing--not bad!) I was feeling all happy about it, but now kinda wish I'd waited. :glare:

Enter coupon code HOLIDAYVIP305 at checkout and receive $20 off your next order of $20 or more.

Thank you so much. Wanted to try MM for long time. I just bought the 2nd grade worktexts for $9.89 shipped. Great deal from Lulu.

Thanks! I just purchased a couple of chess books that I've been wanting for much cheaper than I thought I could find them for! This is a great deal!

Do you happen to know how long this coupon code is good for?

Thanks for sharing it!:001_smile:

Amy

Can I sneak in here and ask: what level/program do students move-on to after 6A/6B? Pre-alg?

I think it depends on your child and what Algebra program you plan to use. Most kids could easily go into MUS or TT Algebra after MM6b (or Singapore 6b), and some kids could probably go into some of the other common Alg programs, like Jacobs or Lial, but others would need another year of reinforcement. 8FilltheHeart has used MUS Algebra as a "prealgebra" after Horizons 6 and before Foerster's, and I plan to do the same between MM6 and Foerster's.

Jackie

..so forgive my ignorance. But is the pdf version downloaded to the computer you purchase it from or is it emailed to you for download? The computer I want it on is getting repaired.

If you download it now, you can always stick it on Google Docs to retrieve later from your regular computer. It's just a .zip file (containing lots of PDFs and such), so you can put it anywhere - burn it to a CD, put it on a thumb drive, upload it to a server, e-mail it to yourself (might be too big for that though).

I upload everything I buy to Google Docs as a backup. That way, if this hard drive decides to die and I haven't backed up everything to our backup drive (or if it dies too :tongue_smilie:), I still have it. :)

I think it depends on your child and what Algebra program you plan to use. Most kids could easily go into MUS or TT Algebra after MM6b (or Singapore 6b), and some kids could probably go into some of the other common Alg programs, like Jacobs or Lial, but others would need another year of reinforcement. 8FilltheHeart has used MUS Algebra as a "prealgebra" after Horizons 6 and before Foerster's, and I plan to do the same between MM6 and Foerster's.

Jackie

That was really helpful. Thanks so much. :D

Amy