Menu

I'd like to complain about my mother...

Because that's how I am.

I think I'm reverse aging, because *now,* at 30, she's spoiling the bejeebers out of me. She's set up an Amazon acct for hs'ing. I'm not good at saying "thank you," because I get embarrassed & fumble the words (not that I don't try or don't feel it). But I blurted out, "YOU SPEAK MY LOVE LANGUAGE, & IT'S SPELLED A-M-A-Z-O-N."

I was just telling dh that I thought the world should come together & set up a fund for books for me because I would do such good for the world with those books. :lol:

I'm speechless & delirious (& still waiting to hear from that agent because then I'd really have to stop breathing & we'd be eating frozen pizza for Thanksgiving cuz I couldn't concentrate on cooking for MONTHS. Maybe it's better if she waits to email me until after the holidays?)

:svengo:

You deserve it!:grouphug:

May we all be a little spoiled sometimes!

I was a very serious child. I mean, I remember being less than 4 & suddenly realizing the pointlessness of playing dolls. *Very* practical.

Now? Gosh, I'm almost fun. (If you like books.) :lol: I think Mom must like the "fun" me better?

I was a very serious child. I mean, I remember being less than 4 & suddenly realizing the pointlessness of playing dolls. *Very* practical.

Now? Gosh, I'm almost fun. (If you like books.) :lol: I think Mom must like the "fun" me better?

That's ok as a child I used to tell on myself cause I couldn't live with the guilt... I also used to fold my dirty clothes going into the hamper :confused: LOL

That's ok as a child I used to tell on myself cause I couldn't live with the guilt... I also used to fold my dirty clothes going into the hamper :confused: LOL

I did that! To this day, Mom doesn't believe those clothes were dirty.

And for the telling on myself, I also gave myself a spanking once. Then I though, "Come on, Aubrey. You know that wasn't hard enough," & did it again, & THEN went & told on myself. That's when it occurred to me that there was no way she was going to buy, "But it's ok, because I spanked myself."

When she started laughing, I was truly dumbfounded. I suspect I was difficult to parent, but not in the traditional sense. :D

I did that! To this day, Mom doesn't believe those clothes were dirty.

And for the telling on myself, I also gave myself a spanking once. Then I though, "Come on, Aubrey. You know that wasn't hard enough," & did it again, & THEN went & told on myself. That's when it occurred to me that there was no way she was going to buy, "But it's ok, because I spanked myself."

When she started laughing, I was truly dumbfounded. I suspect I was difficult to parent, but not in the traditional sense. :D

Wow! :blink:

I too suspect you were a difficult child to parent. :D

Should we call you Pippi? :lol: Your mother sounds just horrible. You are so right to complain about her. I could take her off your hands for you!:D

So the nosy me wants to know how much is in that account.

But I'd never, never ask, nor expect an answer.

LUUUUUCCCKKKEEEEEE! *sticks tongue out at Aubrey*

There's a generous limit that I know she can't afford, but it happens to be the exact amt I told dh I really, really need & could probably stay under. (Think they've been talking?)

So I won't really use the max every mo, but knowing it's there? Priceless!