Menu

Help! Baby Sleeping Question

Pata

My little guy was sleeping through the night (6 hours, nursing for 10 min. and then 5 more hours) before we left for the States a month and a half ago. Since then, he hasn't sleep more than 3 hours at a time for more than 5 nights and I am exhausted! We have been traveling a lot, so it could be from that, but he is sleeping in the same crib each night. When he does wake up, which is about every 2 hours, sometimes I can pat him to sleep or he nurses for about 10 min and then goes back down easily. We are going to be continuing to travel until we return home (overseas) in about 2 1/2 months, so I'm wondering how to handle this. I don't want to go the cry it out route, but I need some more sleep and I know that's he's capable of sleeping. He'll be 7 months old next week. Any advice on how to get him back into a good sleeping pattern??

My babies were always messed up during travel. I'd try to keep him on a very regular schedule, so he goes to sleep and eats and all at the exact same times each day. I did Babywise, which has some cry it out, but also focuses a lot on a schedule. The Baby Whisperer also focuses on schedule and routine without cry it out, you might find it more palatable. Google "Babywise mom" for a really helpful website. :grouphug: