Menu

What is your phrase of the day?

"I don't think it's going to work; but if it does, it's probably going to be disgusting."

I'm trying a new recipe for Indian sweets to take to Keptwoman's for lunch and I'm getting to think this might be the recipe for the really awful sweets I bought from the Indian shop the other week. They tasted like old lady perfume. :001_huh::ack2:

Rosie

Stop getting distracted and focus on your work.

Stop talking to me and focus on your work.

Stop talking to your sister, and focus on your work.

You don't need to be in here- I am talking to your sister, not you- go back to your desk and focus on your own work.

You havent finished your maths yet, but you are in the kitchen? Go back to your desk and focus on your work.

Get off my lap, go and do your work.

I think there is a theme here :)

"Whatever floats your boat..."

I say this about a million times a day because my 6 year old feels the need to ask me about everything. Can she get a drink? Can she go upstairs? Go downstairs? Play with Lego? Go get her doll from upstairs? Draw in her sketchbook? Etc...etc...etc. These aren't things she needs permission to do, but she asks me about every...little...thing.

What I really mean is "I DON'T GIVE A $HIT!!!!", but I figure I shouldn't say that. ;)

When speaking to my toddler, my phrase of the day (and every other day) seems to be "GET DOWN!!!". :tongue_smilie:

"Are you really going to make me discipline you on your birthday?"

I don't know how it works for everyone else, but in our house, it just seems that when a child had a birthday, it's just. too. much. for them to handle. Even if we don't really *do anything special, they're all crazy and full of themselves all day long. It gets old.

Moose sure is lucky he's the baby. :) I can't believe my baby's five today.

Adapted from previous posters who encouraged me in handling a boy who acts up...

"No one else is doing that. When you do that, I feel embarrassed. I want you to stop so that we can enjoy being with you."

I know it's more than a phrase. But, I said it about 7 times yesterday and just as many times the day prior.

Overall... to the group... it's been, "Have manners!" "Talk nicely!" and "If you don't have something nice to say... don't say anything at all."

Dh joined in, too. It's like a chorus here.

"Are you guys serious?"

"Do you seriously think that's okay?"

Oh, and the word pronking has made it into as many sentences as I could possible finagle it into today. We recently got Alpaca's and they like to pronk. And I just like that word. I will use it as a verb, an adjective, totally out of context. I don't care. I just like to say it. Oh, and my kids find it annoying which makes it that much more fun:)

To the bickering, male children of the household, "Unless you are bleeding from your eyeballs or barfing up a lung, don't bother me again!"

To the other child of the house: "Lewis, stop chewing on my shoe." Lewis, stop chewing on the computer power cord." Lewis, stop bothering the cat." "Lewis, stop chewing up the kleenex." "Lewis, stop chewing on the broom handle." "Lewis, stop, stop, stop, stop....!" Dh said no to another baby and got a puppy instead.

Faith, now watching the dog chew on dh's flannel jacket and have decided to concede the battle and surrender to the dog.

Today was an unusual day for me. Usually I find myself repeating almost everything here frequently. However, for some reason 12yo dd was unusually helpful today. She held doors for me, cleaned up after both of us at lunch, and helped carry in groceries without prompting. So I kept saying, "Thank you, dear" with a mild bit of surprise in my tone.